- Pay Rate:
Up to £650 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 9 months
Interim Category Manager -Hybrid Working - PSR1JP00058183
Pay Rate: Up to £650 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Remote – to attend specific workshops in Central London.
It is essential that you are a Category Manager with experience of delivering / implementing complex category strategies involving diverse stakeholders.
Key is the management of stakeholders at all levels of the business to buy in to the strategy and market knowledge of professional services / Contingent Labour / Consultancy would be an advantage.
- Extensive commercial / category management experience
- Stakeholder management skills
- Transitioning to BAU - TRANSTION PLANS FROM OTHER PLANS
- Category management experience
- Complex stakeholder management – complex projects
- Data Analytics
- Security Clearance: SC required
- Developing some of the category strategy within people pillar
- Working with other category leads
- Working with stakeholders within the organisation
- Stakeholder engagement
- Detailing strategy
- Transitioning – BAU
- People pillar – head office category management – people pillar covers
- Perm recruitment, professional service – HR side of things
Day to Day Duties:
- Create bespoke category strategies based on customer demand and market analysis
- Strategically monitor the supplier market landscape, actively engaging with suppliers in communicating all requirements and developing strategic relationships
- Deliver routes to markets and all associated contracts across relevant categories, managing the full commercial lifecycle
- Report to senior leadership on consolidated and segmented spend data
- Motivate, develop and manage a team that delivers corporate outcomes whilst reflecting an ethos of continuous improvement and delivering best practice
- Proactively engage with peers, other government departments, CCS and external suppliers, ensuring best practice is identified, shared and implemented
- Lead meetings / workshops with all customers and suppliers, analysing requirements and identifying opportunities for cross- team initiatives
- Act as a trusted advisor to Commercial customers, peers and management, ensuring resource deployment (people, time, money) delivers high quality outputs, risk control and value for money for all contracts under management
- Deliver robust relationship management, maximising your own and your team’s engagement with / influence over customers and suppliers alike
- Provide contract management and support relationship management activities for category suppliers
Key Knowledge & Experience:
- Substantial relevant Commercial experience (Category Management/Procurement/Contract Management) gained within large, complex organisations (private or public sector), including exposure to a variety of resource delivery models and all related process and governance
- Previously delivered organisational change and delivery improvements whilst leading, motivating and developing small teams of Commercial professionals
- Managed large, complex, high value tenders, familiarity with relevant market supply bases
- Strong experience of relationship development and stakeholder management in complex Commercial environments
- Deep and broad strategic sourcing expertise across defining requirements, developing sourcing strategies, selection of sourcing options and executing tenders
- Proactive leadership of contract, supplier and performance management activities
- Quickly wins respect and gains trust of others, seen as credible when building strategic relationships with internal and external parties
- Strategically aware, but operationally orientated in delivering value to customers
- Organised, able to prioritise the use of limited resources (money, time and people)
- Engaging communicator (written and oral), emotionally intelligent, able to influence peers and stakeholders of all levels
- A proven leader with demonstrable success in motivating, leading and developing teams
- Supportive of organisational change, confident to propose and/or trial innovative ideas
- Delivers a quality service, demonstrating commercial acumen in advising customers whilst ensuring positive Commercial outcome
- Working towards and willing to gain and retain the relevant CIPS level (with support) and obtain a Commercial licence
- Private Sector / Public Sector
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Security Clearance Required
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Category Manager - Hybrid Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.