- Pay Rate:
£25.15 PAYE per hour
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Anticipated 3 months
- St Ives, Cambridgeshire, PE27 4LG,
Role: Improvement & Transformation Lead
Contract Length: Anticipated 3 months
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire, PE27 4LG
Hours per week: Full time or 4 days a week minimum. Hybrid working/flexible options considered
Pay Rate: £25.15 PAYE
Our client is looking to hire an Improvement and Transformation Lead for approximately 3 months.
Provide senior leadership and experience in the identification of improvement and transformation opportunities, leading and supporting the successful delivery of initiatives, projects and programmes across clinical and non-clinical functions.
- Support senior leaders to develop ambitious transformation plans which drive improvement and innovation, maximise the use of digital technologies and align to local system priorities and national direction of change.
- Represent and participate in forums and projects on system transformation plans, encouraging and identifying collaborative improvement opportunities.
- Identify, assign and provide effective and appropriate improvement support from the team, ranging from: -
- Complex problem-solving analysis, using excellent analytical skills
- Facilitating workshops to support teams to think creatively to design improvements, plan delivery, lessons learnt etc.
- Coaching others in leading continuous improvement efforts (including improvement tools and techniques) -
- Providing intensive support for a period of time to help achieve an output/outcome
- To ensure the Trust’s continuous improvement (Think QI) methodology is consistently used across all improvement initiatives, projects and programmes.
- To lead and advise on the use improvement tools and techniques (lean, six sigma, theory of constraints) alongside the use of different delivery methodologies (agile, waterfall etc). Ensuring that these are used throughout the team’s work.
- To develop and work on long term strategic plans and initiatives that will support building the Trust’s capability for continuous improvement, including providing service improvement/project consultancy, training, coaching and supporting Trust service managers.
- Lead programmes of transformation across specified services/areas, to deliver demonstrable improvements in patient care, outcomes, efficiency and performance and to respond to new strategic care pathway developments and commissioning requirements.
- To lead the creation of improvement/transformation blueprints, gap analysis, planning of change programmes and allocation of resources required across all projects.
- To ensure that there is appropriate and robust governance arrangements in place across areas of responsibility, with effective processes to identify and track benefits, track progress against milestones, risks and issues and interdependencies are identified and managed appropriately.
- To develop effective stakeholder engagement plans, ensuring co-production partnership working is in place across improvement work from the outset.
- To develop and deliver effective update/reporting mechanisms, appropriate to the scale of improvement and transformation team involvement.
- To provide senior leadership on complex, high profile projects as required in the form of consultancy and coaching to service project leads.
- Provide senior leadership in the Improvement and Transformation team – leading on areas to improve the running of the department, sharing knowledge, skills and experience to support individual team development.
- To provide direction and supervision to Improvement and Transformation colleagues.
- Team and individual coaching and QI training will be a regular part of this role with the post holder expected to in large groups or coach on a 1-2-1 basis.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience of successfully delivering large scale and complex programmes
- Experience of using process re-design tools such as Six Sigma, Kaizen and Lean to interrogate end to end processes
- Experience of building, maintaining and utilising successful relationships with staff at all levels in the organisation
- Experience of partnership working across organisational boundaries ensuring involvement of key stakeholders.
- Programme and Project Management
- Working knowledge of QI methodologies and application of tools and techniques including data analysis.
- Business process analysis and improvement
- Human Resources management
- Excellent leadership skills
- Able to think strategically, set the direction and see the wider picture
- Highly effective written, presentation and communication skills
Qualifications & Training:
- Educated to Master’s Degree level or able to demonstrate management experience to this level.
- Evidence of continuing professional development/education and learning
- Evidence of management development.
- Programme/project management qualification (e.g.PRINCE 2, Agile, MSP)
- Professional clinical qualification - desirable
- Recognised leadership training or qualification - desirable
- Six Sigma - desirable
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Please note that clients invariably ask us to strip out contact details from CVs before we submit them for consideration. This is always quicker and easier to do if you send your CV to us in Word format, rather than as a PDF please
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Improvement & Transformation Lead / Project Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.