- Pay Rate:
£320.34 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- NEWHAM, LONDON,
Temporary Communications Account Lead
Job Ref: RQ613683
To act as a senior dedicated customer interface accountable for Communications and Campaigns performance and service provision to Councillors and senior officers, providing strategic advice on innovative, audience-focused communications which promote the Council’s reputation
- To implement a comprehensive strategic communication plan for the Directorate. This includes effective engagement with all stakeholders including, elected members, residents, partners and the wider community of Newham.
- Lead on the communications (internal and external) and event functions, managing the press, marketing, web and events in line with the Directorates delivery plans and strategies.
- To develop positive engagement with the press and media, ensuring that strong relationships are built and maintained. This includes ensuring that Newham Council’s and the Directorates public profile is managed effectively.
- To support the Directorates management team and lead Member by providing advice and expertise on communication strategy, research, change, business intelligence / data and service performance management data and scrutiny.
- To work closely the Mayor’s office to ensure effective alignment and high quality support.
- Ensure all channels of communication are monitored regularly and any issues responded to effectively and with pace. This includes ensuing that the whole service understand and provide consistent messages internally and externally.
- To project and create a positive image of the Borough and the Directorates programmes and initiatives.
- To produce and maintain a 12-18 month forward plan of relevant activities and opportunities.
- To commission from within the communications team or external consultants, high quality materials, content, platforms required to support the Directorates plans and strategies.
- To provide strategic advice, communications risk mitigation and crisis management to the project teams, director and other stakeholders as necessary
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- An appropriate degree level qualification or demonstrable extensive experience
- Experience of working with Elected Members
- Extensive experience of working with residents, or similar stakeholders
- Experience of effectively using media whilst minimising risks
- Experience successfully operating in an environment where priorities are constantly developed, changed and conflicting
- Strong organisational skills that ensure plans are developed and implemented resulting in desired outcomes
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, whilst dealing with conflicting priorities
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Communications Account Lead
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.