- Pay Rate:
£30.99 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Wembley, London,
Interim Senior Parking Manager – Parking & Lighting
Reference no: Brent 5218730
Pay rate: £30.99 per hour PAYE
To support the Head of Service in securing the continuous development, improvement, efficiency and success of parking and enforcement service, through effective planning, budget management, staff management and governance. Set quality and professional standards and manage service delivery, and have significant influence upon these services. Develop and implement operational plans which contribute to the longer term objectives and be responsible for leading the delivery to time and budget Parking projects – incorporating identifying and managing funding streams, senior level governance arrangements, and complex inter-dependent project plans.
- Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service, this will include working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the council.
- Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability.
- Manage a customer focused and commercially oriented service and the effective use of resources.
- Support mobilisation for a new contract for the Provision of Parking and Traffic Enforcement Services, which is due to commence in April 2023.
- Ensure that the council’s overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service.
- Keep up to date with developments in service delivery and best practice to ensure the service performs effectively and to the highest standards.
- Ensure the service meets all Key Performance Indicator targets set for it by the Council.
- Manage through the parking contract the provision of a range of front-line services to the public.
- Ensure that service projects are delivered on time, and within budget; developing Project Initiation Documents; pro-actively facilitating agreement and approval of project scope, goals, deliverables and quality plans; and defining project tasks and resource requirements.
- Work with Service Managers to design and develop service Project Plans, identifying potential timescales for delivery, potential costs, revenue to be generated, and resource requirements.
- Responsible for leading and overseeing parking management, including parking and moving traffic enforcement, permit administration, cashless parking, management of appeals and responsibility for management of the Parking Account.
- Procure, negotiate and manage a complex, large and high-profile contract for service delivery, securing value for money.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant professional qualification
- Evidence of significant relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Thorough knowledge of the legislation (principally the Traffic Management Act and Road Traffic Act), codes and good practice covering the functions for which the post is responsible including mandatory work standards and corresponding audit codes.
- Understanding of the roles of different agencies and services in delivering compliance or high quality outcomes in the functions for which the post is responsible including regional and national structures.
- Knowledge of the different funding streams for both revenue and capital available for delivering the services for which the post is responsible and understanding of the requirements of accountability and transparency in managing resources.
- Understanding of the role of parking and traffic enforcement services in addressing the Council's priorities, e.g. economic development, sustainability, transportation, community safety, and addressing the needs of priority groups.
Skills & Experience:
- Track record of achievement at a management level in a similarly large and complex organisation.
- A demonstrably successful track record of managing and delivering regulatory services including meeting customer demand, delivering successful projects and ensuring high performance standards by staff, contractors and partners.
- Experience of leading innovation and change including service transformation through system change, promoting change in individual and community behaviour, and use of evidence e.g. through research and consultation, to guide service development.
- Experience of developing excellent relationships with elected members and colleagues in all services and agencies, understanding of different roles in promoting successful service outcomes, and developing and maintaining cross-sector partnerships including with commercial and third-sector organisations.
- Experience in securing external funding for regulatory services including understanding of sub-regional, regional and national funding mechanisms, and of the delivery of complex multi-agency projects and services.
- Ability to manage people, performance and budgets.
- Ability to manage complexity and change and to be creative and innovative in finding solutions and providing services in a rapidly evolving, multi-agency environment.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate people, including staff, colleagues within and outside the Council, and volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the capacity to represent the authority externally, to write reports, to provide expert advice, and to communicate with a variety of audience.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let me know and we can send you some additional information for clarify.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Parking Manager – Parking & Lighting
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.