- Pay Rate:
£14.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
Temporary Senior Finance Assistant - Budgeting & Accounting Adult Social Care
Reference no: Norfolk 8352714582802
Pay rate: £14.17 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
A Senior Finance Assistant is required to play a key role in helping to deliver a first class budgeting and accounting service across the organisation and work closely with services to support day to day budgeting and accounting requirements. To ensure a high standard of professional accounting is maintained and that finances and budgets are transparent and accurate.
To assist in the process of providing a budgeting and financial management service for the agreed specialism(s), so that operational services are fully supported, through the provision of financial advice in order to control and coordinate the development, preparation and monitoring of budgets. To close specified client’s accounts, completing appropriate adjustments and allocations. Complete required returns, statistics and claims relating to the capital and revenue outturn.
- Provide support in controlling and co-ordinating the development, preparation and monitoring of client’s budgets, advise in producing specified client’s capital and revenue budgets, input budget information and complete related reports, statistics and returns as necessary to give options and advice on available funds.
- Contribute to the monthly monitoring process and the production of the statutory accounts ensuring all entries are genuine, identify and challenge any issues or discrepancies and make sure information is received on time, to ensure successful management of the Council’s finances.
- Meet with RBOs regarding the monitoring process to ensure the accurate forecasting and capturing of all relevant issues and to investigate and resolve variances raised by RBO’s on financial data.
- Provide timely financial information for ad-hoc requests and project work.
- Provide training and financial advice on a day-to-day basis as required by the service department through considering new legislation, Council reports and accounting practices and report their implications to the client so that processes can be improved in the future.
- Assist in cash management through recharges of actual expenditure and where necessary processing of loan transactions for authorisation by a senior officer.
- Co-ordinate the production of returns to Government and other bodies, to ensure the Council meets its requirements for providing accurate information.
- Perform other duties as may be required by the line manager.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- AAT Certificate Level qualification.
- Knowledge and experience of budget preparation and monitoring.
- Experience giving equivalent skills and knowledge of accountancy in a relevant field.
- Practical knowledge of computerised financial systems.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Knowledge of local authority finance desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Financially minded with excellent communication skills.
- Good numeracy skills, and the ability to analyse complex financial information.
- Able to build strong working relationships with both financial and non-financial individuals at all levels.
- Able to demonstrate sound financial judgement.
- Able to plan and prioritise effectively.
- Have excellent data and financial analysis skills.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal), with ability to obtain, relay and clarify information and experience of working with other departments at all levels.
- Ability to manage own time.
- Ability to work in a fast changing environment.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Finance Assistant - Budgeting & Accounting
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.