- Pay Rate:
Competitive Market Rate
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Role: Senior Software Developer
Contract Length: Anticipated 12 months.
Pay Rate: Competitive Market Rate
Our client is looking to hire a Senior Software Developer for approximately 12 months.
Develop cutting-edge approaches to gaining intelligence from serious and organised crime groups. Fully Engage in a small development team to develop bespoke software and applications to support operational activities.
Translate and develop user requirements to design, run and improve software in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with colleagues to review specifications and user requirements for covert intelligence collection tools.
- Contribute to the creation of novel solutions aimed toward supporting operational activities and intelligence collection
- Create cost and timeline estimates of development.
- Design, code, unit test and document programs of medium to high complexity.
- Manage the lifecycle of software projects – from initial planning to decommissioning; including documentation and transferring knowledge.
- Be a subject matter expert, providing technical advice and guidance within area of responsibility, representing Tech Ops at National and International TEI forums and briefing senior members of staff.
- Work with internal and external partners across government and industry to ensure best practice and ways of working.
- Mentor and up-skill colleagues.
- Manage issues relating to the performance and conduct of officers in line with Agency values/policy.
- Develop Web applications with integration into Databases.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more modern programming languages or software (e.g. C, C#, Python, Java, HTML5 and SQL Programming).
- In-depth knowledge of one or more desktop/mobile OS (e.g. Android, iOS, Linux, Windows).
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodology.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Report writing/drafting skills
- Analytical skills
- Expert in the use of information technology
- Experience in working to tight deadlines.
- Experienced in effective decision making with accountability for decisions made.
- Relevant degree in Software Engineering or associated Information Technology discipline or relevant experience in TEI 10/11 – essential
- Project Management experience – desirable
- Management training – desirable
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: SC highly desirable; candidates with active SC clearance will be fast-tracked.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Software Developer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.