- Pay Rate:
Competitive Market Rate
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Role: Senior Network Engineer
Contract Length: Anticipated 12 months
Pay Rate: Competitive Market Rate
Our client is looking to hire a Senior Network Engineer for approximately 12 months.
Development and delivery of strategic and tactical engineering solutions to operational challenges and emerging technological threats focussed on serious and organised crime impacting the UK.
Deployment of hi-end capabilities in support of live operations, providing the client with capabilities for 21st century law enforcement.
- Manage/supervise the successful delivery of research/development projects and undertake the evaluation of prototype technical surveillance equipment in support of Agency operations.
- Ensure projects are professionally managed in accordance with Prince2 standards, observing time and budgetary restrictions and external dependencies.
- Provide detailed advice to the organisation and external partners in support of ongoing research and evaluation projects.
- Provide advice on legislation, policy, tactical options and evidential opportunities to assist in the planning and implementation of investigations and operations.
- Represent the organisation at forums both internally and externally and contribute to the development of innovate techniques for use in covert environments.
- Monitor operational performance.
- Promote professional standards and provide advice, support and develop management reports in relation to criminal and misconduct allegations that impact on organisational delivery or the Agency’s reputation (as required).
- Excellent understanding of Private and Public Cloud infrastructure.
- Cisco Switch and Firewall configuration
- VPN and Secure Tunnels
- Network Security
- Networking Proficiency: Configuring, and troubleshooting computer networks, including LANs, WANs, routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs and Security Devices
- Large Network Design for multiple locations and WAN infrastructure
- Cybersecurity principles and best practices, including network security, access control, encryption, vulnerability assessment, and incident response. Familiarity with security tools and technologies, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS/IPS), and antivirus software
- Cloud Computing: Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and experience with cloud services, including virtual machines, storage, networking, and security. Proficiency in deploying and managing Network and applications in the cloud
- Troubleshooting and Problem-Solving: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to diagnose and resolve technical issues efficiently. Ability to investigate and troubleshoot complex IT problems, both hardware and software-related
- Communication and Collaboration: Both verbal and written, to interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively. Ability to collaborate within teams, manage customer expectations, and explain technical concepts in a clear and understandable manner
- Continuous Learning: A commitment to continuous learning and staying updated with the latest trends and advancements in IT engineering. Willingness to pursue certifications and engage in professional development
- In configuring firewalls, Cisco, Fortigate.
- Network Stack/switches configuration, routing and security, Cisco, Dell and HP
- Encryption technologies, E.G Catapan
- VPN and 2 factor Authentication
- Lvl3 Technical Support Engineering, or time served apprenticeship or equivalent relevant experience.
- knowledge of software, hardware, and networking principles, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues effectively.
- Operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux) and familiarity with software applications commonly used by customers.
- Understanding of networking protocols, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and VPN.
- CCNP (Desirable)
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: SC highly desirable; candidates with active SC clearance will be fast-tracked.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Network Engineer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.