- Pay Rate:
£550 - £615 PAYE per day PAYE, DOE
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 11 months
Role: Data & Analytics Senior Data Architect
Contract Length: Anticipated 11 months
Location: London – 2x days per week / WFH
Pay Rate: £550 - £615 PAYE per day PAYE, DOE
The Data & Analytics Senior Data Architect will have expert knowledge of logical and physical data models, with the ability to analyse and document existing and proposed data structures and establish how to map them to a new target data model, that they will also design themselves. They will have experience of various database and business intelligence technologies, with significant knowledge and experience in the design of data interface specifications, and the detailed design of ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) data mappings.
Previous experience of working across the full data lifecycle for all components of the system is expected. This will include but is not limited to understanding and documenting how data is collected, transformed, distributed, and consumed. The ability to produce interface specifications, data models, dataflow diagrams, data dictionaries and visualisations will be key to gaining stakeholder buy in, supporting development teams in preparing their work and driving data quality.
Knowledge of emerging data technologies (preferably the Microsoft Azure Tech Stack) are desired, but strong SQL skills are expected, as is a solid understanding of JSON schemas. Experience in BI system design, including strategies for managing slowly changing dimensions, late arriving data, potentially conflicting data sources, and sensitive/personal data.
Excellent communication skills are needed to allow effective translation of sophisticated concepts into easily understood languages across a wide range of stakeholders, source system teams, suppliers and other internal teams including Developers, Product Owners, Delivery Managers and BI/Data Architects.
The Senior Data Architect will work with all others as necessary within the project including the Solution Architects and other stakeholders to establish an optimal solution which meets requirements, adheres to technical strategy/constraints and considers total cost of ownership.
Key Knowledge / Skills
- Ability to analyse existing data sets and determine structure and purpose of data
- Ability to create data models / data dictionaries / data lineage / detailed data mapping artifacts
- Ability to collaborate with internal and third-party teams to devise and implement data strategies and assess needs
- Knowledge of data modelling tools
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of JSON and JSON Schema
- Knowledge of BI System Design, including strategies for managing slowly changing dimensions, late arriving data, and potentially conflicting data sources.
- Knowledge of GDPR, and strategies for correctly handling personal data.
- Knowledge of on-premise and Microsoft Azure technologies
- Knowledge of emerging data technologies
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience interfacing between sub-system teams to ensure core information relating to system data attributes and interfaces are established in a timely manner to ensure smooth delivery of the product
- Experience working closely with Agile Development team in a BI/Reporting project delivery context
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Data & Analytics Senior Data Architect
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.