- Pay Rate:
Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Role: Technical Services Support Manager - Engineering
Contract Length: Anticipated 12 months
Location: Weybridge – presence on site required 4 days per week and day Work from Home - WFH
Pay Rate: Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Our client is looking to hire a Technical Services Support Manager for approximately 12 months.
You will lead the team responsible for Technical Services support
- Manage the direct administrative and support for Technical Services to support effective time management and team prioritisation and the wider business management.
- Support impactful and meaningful engagement across the team through a range of communications and engagement opportunities.
- Production and oversight of timely and accurate management information on both staffing, budgets and delivery of business plans and action to manage effective resourcing.
- Lead on recruitment campaigns and workforce planning.
- Oversight of the team’s People Plan – which will include strong role modelling of equality, diversity and inclusion and ensuring collective leadership and oversight of delivery/progress for issues such as wellbeing, learning and development.
- Shape the agenda, work and forward look for the Chief Engineer including a regular focus on core areas such as people and business-related activities.
- Strategic oversight and support across the team on cross cutting policy, fiscal and capability issues – managing the relationships with core functions as required and facilitating short term pieces of strategy and policy work as required – for example to support business planning and the Spending Review.
- Line management of a team with private office function and a business management supporting all aspects of business planning and team management.
- Strong management experience including management of teams
- Ability to ensure delivery at pace whilst managing continual change, through uncertainty
- Well-developed project and/or programme management skills.
- Ability to lead using a flexible and adaptable approach to leadership and management. This will include working with other Senior Managers and the Chief Engineer as a team to shape the direction, priorities and culture.
- Ability to build capability and resilience in your team, actively encouraging and supporting personal development, and providing opportunities for others to share ideas and contributions.
- Adept at influencing others, articulating evidence-based arguments to secure agreement.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: CTC/SC highly desirable; candidates with active CTC/SC clearance will be fast-tracked.
Should you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the recruitment process or if there is a more accessible way for us to communicate, please do let me know.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, PSR provides a ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the PSR Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Technical Services Support Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.