- Pay Rate:
Up to £490 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Role: Commercial Manager *Re-opened*
Contract Length: Anticipated 6 months
Location: Hybrid 2 days per week in London or East Kilbride
Pay Rate: Up to £490 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Our client is looking to hire a Commercial Manager for approximately 6 months.
You will manage a distinct area of spend which supports the delivery of programme objectives.
You must have recent and relevant public procurement regulation experience.
- Manage a distinct area of spend which supports the delivery of programme objectives.
- Support projects in their respective portfolios where they are business partners and have developed relationships with programme teams to deliver commercial contracts in support of programming requirements.
- Lead procurement projects: support the drafting of specifications, contracts and managing the Invitation to Tender (ITT) and evaluation processes using the eProcurement platform Jaggaer.
- Maintain and support existing, or create new, networks with the respective programme teams, other government departments and the supply base to develop a relevant and up-to-date understanding of the category or programme of spend for the team.
- Be creative and innovative when developing and implementing service requirements for complex procurements to ensure value for money is achieved.
- Provide support on appropriate project governance including documentation, business cases and presenting cases to relevant boards.
- Support the pipeline of projects and contracts using the eProcurement platform to enable accurate and timely reporting.
- Support efforts to ensure continuity and consistency of approach across the programmes from project to project, using required tools, systems and processes such as e-sourcing tools to guide commercial activity and produce high quality commercial management information.
- Ensure high quality service delivery is provided to the Programme team, including stakeholder connectivity, pre-procurement market engagement and supplier selection.
- Develop market awareness for key categories, highlighting opportunities for innovation, value for money solutions and new ways of working to key business partners.
- Help resolve complex issues, including those that are perceived to be novel and contentious.
- Advise on supplier management for the category in question, using commercial management information to inform the organisation’s Commercial engagement with suppliers.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of Public Contracts Regulations (PCR) 2015
- Experience of delivering procurements in the public sector. This will include good commercial awareness and judgement with the ability to understand, control and mitigate risks
- Experience of running procurements and multiple projects at once
- Experience of Framework call offs
- Ability to work at a fast pace and manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to take decisions based on well thought out conclusions and recommendations.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: SC highly desirable; candidates with active SC clearance will be fast-tracked.
Should you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the recruitment process or if there is a more accessible way for us to communicate, please do let me know.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, PSR provides a ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the PSR Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Commercial Manager *Re-opened*
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.