- Pay Rate:
Up to £294 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Role: Financial Investigation Officer
Contract Length: anticipated 12 months
Location: Cardiff – office based 5 days per week – some travelling may be required
Hours: 12 months. Part-time hours considered
Pay rate: Up to £294.37 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
A Financial Investigation Officer is required with either current or recent POCC accreditation as a Financial Investigator and Confiscator.
Consideration may now be given to candidates wishing to work on a part-time basis.
Our client is looking to hire a Financial Investigation Officer, on a contract basis for approximately 12 months.
You will support and mentor newly recruited trainee financial investigators successfully through their accreditation process.
Current FI accreditation is not required however you should have significant experience of working on POCA investigations and therefore will have had FI accreditation previously.
- To support and mentor newly recruited trainee financial investigators successfully through their accreditation process.
- To assist in building investigative capacity so every Criminal & Financial Investigation team has access to a local fully trained financial investigation resource.
- Assist in building investigative capabilities and capacities to enable financial investigators to fully utilise legislation to tackle the proceeds of organised immigration crime.
- Financial investigators will identify and recover the criminal finances, money movement and assets that are associated with the OIC threat.
- Assist in building investigative capabilities and capacities to enable us to exploit financial data and intelligence to support the evidence base needed to secure the prosecutions of OCGs.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience of conducting financial investigations under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 including, cash detention, confiscation, part 5 (civil recovery), listed assets and account freezing order investigations.
- Experience of taking these financial investigations through the associated Court hearings is also required.
- Experience of drafting summaries / statements in criminal and civil proceedings and attending Court to give evidence.
- Experience of analysing complex financial data and the presentation of such in an evidential format for Court and the completion and service of financial orders.
- Experience of applying the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 in criminal investigations
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: SC highly desirable; candidates with active SC clearance will be fast-tracked.
Should you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the recruitment process or if there is a more accessible way for us to communicate, please do let me know.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, PSR provides a ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the PSR Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Financial Investigation Officer *Re-opened*
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.