- Pay Rate:
Up to £35.86 per hour PAYE, DOE
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 3 - 4 months
- Southend, Essex
Role: Head of Finance Efficiency
Contract Length: Anticipated 3-4 months
Location: Southend – 2 days per week in office / WFH
Pay Rate: Up to £35.86 per hour PAYE, DOE
Our client is looking to hire a Head of Finance Efficiency for approximately 3-4 months.
As a senior member of the Finance Directorate the Head of Efficiency you will be responsible for the measurement and reporting of the efficiency programme, working with the Change Management Office (CMO) and services to drive efficiencies which will result in cost improvements across the Trust.
As the Head of Finance Efficiency you will support and provide information to the Chief Finance Officer to ensure successful delivery year on year of a sustainable cost improvement programme.
- Support the development, implementation, and management of robust and ongoing cost improvement programme delivery. Driving efficiencies to improve performance against Model Hospital.
- Coach and mentor service managers and clinical teams in the ways and means of efficiency, equipping them to identify opportunities and to plan delivery.
- Working with the CMO, encourage divisions to take ownership of the longer term and complex opportunities, not just the small or transactional, and to work with other services to deliver best results.
- Support the Chief Finance Officer and Finance Director in the development of a clear, consistent, and coherent efficiency strategy, encompassing core cost improvement activity as well as productivity improvement ambitions and approaches.
- Working with the costing and benchmarking team and financial management team establish a process for identifying and planning a sustainable efficiency programme, covering multi-years.
- Develop and establish a robust efficiency tracker and pipeline, tracking all savings across the Trust, transactional as well as transformational.
- Manage the cost improvement tracker for Trust, including the validation and co-ordination of the reporting, working closely with the financial management team.
- Prepare the monthly cost improvement position, ensuring the position is well communicated in a prompt, timely fashion to all levels of Management and operational teams.
- Co-ordinate the production of the monthly efficiency performance report for the Chief Finance Officer and Executive Directors. Monthly reporting will be required for the Finance & Performance Committee and other forums, or regulators as required.
- Develop and embed reporting to support an integrated understanding of efficiency delivery alongside financial, workforce and performance reporting, ensuring that reporting is continuously improved to provide dynamic information throughout the reporting period.
- Communicate highly complex financial information in a style understood by non-finance managers.
- Responsible for capturing the financial benefits from transformational change programmes, working with the CMO regarding Equality & Quality Impact Assessments (EQIA).
- CCAB or CIMA qualified accountant (Master’s Degree level).
- Significant evidence of continuous personal and professional development
- 3 Years post qualification experience
- Prince 2 or other Project Management methodology (desirable)
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Head of Finance Efficiency
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.