- Pay Rate:
£10.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Tir-Y-Berth, Wales,
Temporary Maintenance Assistant Labourer x 3 – Building Maintenance
Reference no: Caerphilly 5231903
Pay rate: £10.98 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: Tir-Y-Berth, Wales
A Maintenance Assistant Labourer is required to support and assist the Building Maintenance Technicians by providing efficient general labouring duties in the repair, maintenance and improvement of domestic, industrial and public buildings.
- Assist Building Maintenance Technicians in the execution of building maintenance work through the provision of efficient general labouring duties.
- Assist and support the Building Maintenance Technicians to achieve acceptable industry standards in all building works completed and ensure repairs and maintenance are undertaken within agreed timescales and to customers’ satisfaction.
- Ensure the efficient use of the department’s resources, materials and plant when undertaking general labouring duties.
- Maintain the required level of performance in respect of productive output, attendance, job completion deadlines, kept appointments and customer satisfaction to ensure value for money and quality of outputs to all service stakeholders.
- Ensure that all work undertaken is completed in a considerate manner and to a satisfactory standard in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Daily completion of job tickets and timesheets, describing works undertaken in sufficient detail to assist in the calculation of performance and invoicing data.
- Action the instructions and requirements of the Building Maintenance Technicians.
- Accurately record work undertaken via the Maintenance Schedule of Rates, actual working time, materials and plant used in the execution of selected building maintenance work.
- Ensure the safe use and storage of plant and materials issued to the post holder in the course of their duties.
- Attend and take part in training initiatives specific to the role and the requirements of the service.
- Adhere to Health and Safety legislation and relevant Council policies and procedures and take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be adversely affected by your acts or omissions.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Relevant Health & Safety Certification: e.g. manual handling, COSHH, working at heights desirable.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Building/Construction training and/or experience in the building/construction industry desirable.
- Experience within a repairs and maintenance environment desirable.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Skills & Abilities:
- Capable of working within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Ability to interpret and action work instructions.
- Be able to maintain minimum standards identified by maintenance technicians, foreman or line manager.
- Flexible in approach to work duties.
- Self motivated and flexible in approach to working hours during the normal working week and job skills.
- Punctual, reliable and ability to meet prioritised work.
- A customer focused attitude.
- Availability and willingness to work during an emergency situation if required.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Maintenance Assistant Labourer x 3 – Building Maintenance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.