- Pay Rate:
£11.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- BOURNEMOUTH, Dorset,
Temporary Customer Services Officer / Admin
Reference no: Bournemouth 5235133
Pay rate: £11.18 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: BOURNEMOUTH, Dorset
Remoting working available but candidates must live within a 15 mile radius of Bournemouth Town Hall as will be required to collect and return IT equipment
A Customer Services Officer is required to handle customer enquiries as a first point of contact, to ensure that customers receive an excellent customer service. The role will operate as part of a team, working within defined procedures and protocols to deliver a consistent and accurate service. Handle routine and complex enquiries focused across a multiple of services where there will be a need for some detailed knowledge and procedural understanding.
- Receive and respond to customer enquiries related to a range of services to provide a prompt and timely customer service, where possible at the first point of contact. This will include enquiries over all access channels and at times will involve confrontational customers and issues of a contentious nature.
- Check and verify documentation provided by customers in accordance with strictly defined requirements, uploading and storing it in appropriate systems, to ensure that documents provided are correct and safely handled.
- Escalate and refer specialist issues to other officers/teams in accordance with defined handover procedures, so that customer issues can be dealt with appropriately.
- Support customer and digital strategy principles by actively promoting and assisting customers (and services) to use the digital services for all appropriate customer interactions adopting a positive channel shift approach.
- Process payments in person and over the telephone, in accordance with tightly defined processes and procedures, to support customers to pay monies owed in an efficient and secure manner.
- Maintain accurate records of enquiries and resolutions and update and maintain all customer information records and documentation so that all relevant information is accessible for processing and audit purposes, as well as for service evaluation.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Customer Services Officer / Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.