- Pay Rate:
Up to £46.94 PAYE per hour, DOE
- Hours per Week:
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Chertsey, Surrey,
Role: Divisional Chief Nurse - Urgent & Emergency Care
Contract Length: Anticipated 3 months
Location: Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PZ with a requirement to work cross site as/when required
Pay Rate: Up to £46.94 PAYE per hour, DOE
Our client is looking to hire a Divisional Chief Nurse - Urgent & Emergency Care.
Professionally responsible for the quality and safety of nursing care and the professional leadership of all nursing staff within the Division for the Emergency Department, Urgent and Emergency Care Department and the Assessment Units.
In this position you will work with the Associate Director of Operations and the Divisional Director to create a culture within the Division that facilitates excellence in clinical services through patient centred multi-professional team-based care.
Strategic Responsibilities (not limited to) :
- Deputise for the Deputy Chief Nurse in conjunction with the other Divisional Chief Nurses.
- Support and contribute to the Clinical Governance Assurance Framework and implementation for the Division and across the Trust.
- Lead divisional representation at the Patient Experience Monitoring Group (PEMG)
- Provide oversight of the Divisional Governance Committee.
- Support the Divisional Director and Associate Director of Operations in the production of the Divisional annual Business Plan, ensuring that the nursing workforce is appropriately involved and that nursing developments are fully reflected.
Professional Leadership Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Provide leadership and direction to nursing staff across the Division.
- Working with the Chief Nurse, Senior Nursing and Midwifery Team and Quality team to contribute to and lead on work streams within the implementation of the Quality Safety and Risk Management Strategy, the Nursing and Midwifery Strategy, the 6 ‘C’ national agenda, Covid -19 Guidelines and IPC Strategy.
- Lead on the recruitment and retention of nursing staff within the Division
- Lead on the line management of nursing staff within the Division and manage the nursing establishment budget. In collaboration with the Nursing Directorate undertake a regular annual review of the nursing workforce and a review when a change in service occurs.
- Working with the Divisional Director and Associate Director of Operations, ensure that clinical governance systems in the Division are highly effective and robust, and that they work reliably to identify and mitigate risk.
Responsibilities for Standards of Care (not limited to):
- Work as part of the Senior Nursing and Midwifery Leadership team to develop Trust-wide nursing care policies. Responsible for nursing policy and service development within the division.
- Work with the Divisional Clinical Director and Associate Director of Operations to embed systems to deliver high standards of quality and safe care based on best practice and clear evidence, and in line with Trust priorities.
- Participate in reviews of care standards within the Division.
- Lead on the Care Quality Commission’s (CQC) Quality Risk Profiles (QRP) to ensure quality standards are met and risks mitigated.
- Work with the Divisional Director and the Associate Director of Operations to ensure that systems and processes are working effectively to deliver safe and timely admission, transfer and discharge of patients that will minimise clinical and operation risks and safety issues.
- Use formal risk assessment processes to identify, manage and mitigate risks relating to nursing.
Financial Responsibility :
- Work in partnership with the Divisional Director and Associate Director of Operations, in the on- going identification and operational delivery of schemes to contribute to the Trust’s cost improvement programme (CIP). In particular, to identify the cost and productivity benefits of increased clinical quality in order to focus on those care and clinical interventions; pressure ulcers and Fall for example, that have the greatest opportunity and potential impact
- Maintain cost effectiveness of services through ensuring and demonstrating that services are provided in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ensure that nursing budgets (pay and non-pay) are managed appropriately and within allocated resources.
- Support Matrons and Ward Managers in their understanding and management of nursing finances, ensuring regular reviews of bank and agency spend, nursing rosters and establishments, stock management, activity recording, and discretionary spend.
- Ensure that safe nursing staffing levels are achieved and monitored in line with acuity and dependency levels in inpatient areas.
- Ensure that nursing recruitment is planned effectively in order to minimise the use of bank and agency staff.
Qualifications and Further Training :
- NMC Registered Nurse (RN) or ANP
- Leadership Programme or equivalent
- BSc in Healthcare or equivalent
- Mentorship/ENB 998 or equivalent
- Evidence of recent clinical update
- Masters qualification or equivalent experience
- Proven experience of senior nursing operational role at Grade 8b or above in an acute setting
- Proven Experience of leading clinical teams and professional agendas
- Proven Experience of leading corporate wide/cross boundary projects
- Proven Experience of budgetary/financial management
- Proven track record in improving patient experience and gaining patient/public views
- Previous experience of HR management
- Previous experience of budgetary management/accountability
- Ability to develop business cases
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Divisional Chief Nurse - Urgent & Emergency Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.