- Pay Rate:
Up to £830 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 3 months, with possible extension for 6 to 12 months
Interim Senior Network Specialist -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00066128
Pay Rate: Up to 830 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: In office 2-3 days a week London as it is reactive support team, may need to come more often. Working on a rota basis, covering 7am to 7pm shifts. May need to travel across UK, expenses may be covered.
The Senior Network Specialist will be part of the Technology Pillar which provides, maintains and supports the infrastructure, telephony, network, WiFi, end-user devices, cloud capability and software across the entire team estate.
The role will work closely with the Technical Architects and will be designing and maintaining existing network infrastructure, carrying out upgrades and problem resolutions.
The Senior Network Specialist will have the responsibility to design network services, create documentation, change management and root cause analysis as well as acting as an escalation point for the Live Service.
Existing security clearance is not a prerequisite but will always help.
Tech Stack: Palo Alto, Fortigate, Cisco ASA, Juniper
What you’ll do:
- support the Lead Infrastructure Engineer in the day to day management of the wireless LAN, WAN, including the network devices and security devices that are deployed. This may include the design and implementation of new services as and when required by the team.
- provide second/third line support and problem solving for the internal network.
- to work within the team Network Operations team on the physical and technical implementation of the networking and security elements that will be deployed
- maintain and enhance the network infrastructure services including switching, routing, firewall by providing expertise and creating opportunities for others to share and practise your knowledge
- carry out the patching and configuration of; Switches, Firewalls, WLAN infrastructure
- work with cloud technologies on the migration of existing systems and implementing new solutions integrate and improve on existing processing systems.
- be prepared to work out of normal office hours to implement change, when necessary, including weekend and evening work, including being on call
to maintain integrity, availability, performance and capacity management of the networking infrastructure.
- manage escalated Incidents and Problems from the Live Service through to resolution
- carry out change control activities within the networking infrastructure.
- document the configuration and management of networking infrastructure.
- work within technical compliance management to co-operate with technologies, such as PSN and Cloud computing etc
- Mentoring of junior engineers will be expected.
Who you are:
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in LAN and Wireless LAN networking, preferably with equipment from a range of different product vendors
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in WAN networking using BGP, OSPF.
- Demonstrable experience and hands-on experience on the administration of Wireless and Wired networks
- Demonstrable experience and hands-on experience on the administration of security devices such as VPN Gateways and clients, Firewalls and Unified Threat Management Devices.
- Demonstrable knowledge of networking concepts and technologies and proven experience of network implementation and operation.
- Strong demonstrable proven problem solving and analytical skills in a fast paced, multidisciplinary digital/technology environment.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings as required
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of secure enterprise networking and the secure configuration of LANs, WLANs and WANs.
- Experience of change management processes
- Professional skills including excellent customer relationship and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage with and gain the confidence of colleagues at all levels.
- Understanding of Juniper, Palo Alto, Cisco and Fortinet Firewalls, Routing and Switching.
- Cisco and Extreme wireless LAN.
- Demonstrable knowledge of encryption solutions such as PKI and IPSec.
- Technical experience supporting and administering
- Cyber security awareness and understanding.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Use of Cloud-based systems and platforms.
- Substantial configuration and maintenance experience with Palo Alto, Fortigate and Cisco ASA security devices.
- Substantial configuration and maintenance experience with Cisco and Juniper switches.
- Substantial configuration and maintenance experience with Extreme and Cisco wireless LAN controllers and wireless access points.
- Strong understanding of encryption protocols and cipher suites.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Network Specialist - Digital/IT
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.