- Pay Rate:
Up to £12.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, shifts can vary, rotating shifts
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- DAGENHAM, London,
Temporary Laboratory Technician
Reference no: VLA 5235590
Pay rate: Up to £12.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 40 Monday – Friday, shifts can vary, rotating shifts
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: DAGENHAM, London
A Laboratory Technician is required to be responsible for testing, collation, interpretation and reporting of quality data in the Laboratory. To support the company by maintaining the Laboratory Quality System which includes participation in audits, procedure reviews, stock management and matters relating to health and safety. Candidates will require a high attention to detail as reports will be provided to clients.
The Laboratory operates 24 hours per day, 5 days a week over four 8 hour rotating shifts, therefore ability to effectively work on night shift is essential.
- Perform work in a responsible and safe manner and follow safety procedures.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported.
- Wear appropriate PPE always and maintain PPE.
- Undertake active involvement in COSHH. Work to ISO standards (9001, 14001, 17025, 45001).
- Follow standard operating procedures and ensure compliance with Good Laboratory Practices.
- Produce error free certificates of analysis. Enter data correctly and efficiently.
- Preparation of samples and analysis of results using GC/MS software.
- Inspect incoming raw materials and collect samples from the plant.
- Monitor stock levels and keep equipment dust free.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- A-Level equivalent or above in a science related subject.
- Previous experience in a laboratory beneficial.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately by email and verbally is essential.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.