- Pay Rate:
£10.65 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- BRADFORD, Yorkshire,
Temporary Specialist Minute Taker / Admin x3 – Children’s Safeguarding & Reviewing
Reference no: Bradford 5235077
Pay rate: £10.65 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
City: BRADFORD, Yorkshire
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
A Specialist Minute Taker is required to assist in the provision of flexible, proficient and confidential minute taking and administrative service to the Childrens Safeguarding and Reviewing Unit, dealing with extremely sensitive and highly confidential information, within established policies and procedures and to strict deadlines.
- Administer and attend multi-agency Child Protection Case Conference and Review meetings.
- Take and produce clear, relevant and accurate records of decisions and recommendations, and minutes of complex child protection meetings, within preset timescales and deadlines.
- Circulate, via agreed secure electronic methods, decisions and recommendations, and minutes of child protection meetings within preset timescales and deadlines.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of and apply complex internal processes and procedures in relation to the administration of Child Protection Case Conference and Review meetings.
- Record and maintain accurate and up to date information on the ICS database.
- Identify, raise and assist in resolving data issues and blockages on ICS as necessary.
- Record and update case information on a range of workflow spreadsheets, used to track the progress of cases throughout the system and identify, raise and resolve, issues around missing data, incorrect data or missed deadlines as necessary
- Input, interrogate and extract information from a range of specialist databases and spreadsheets, including ICS, Probase and Viewpoint, acting in accordance with Data Protection Act principles and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain and apply an up to date knowledge and understanding of systems and protocols relating to child protection issues
- Liaise with professional colleagues and members of multi-agency groups to obtain detailed and accurate information, essential to the meeting and decision making processes.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Minimum RSA Stage 2 Typing or Word processing OR NVQ Level 2 in Business & Admin.
- GCSE Level English Grade A-C.
- NVQ Level 3 in Business Admin or equivalent.
- Experience of working in an administrative setting for a minimum period of 3 years including previous experience of taking formal written minutes, on a regular basis and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Extensive experience of using spreadsheets, databases and word processing packages routinely the workplace.
- Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to carry out a variety of working practices and apply complex regulations, rules, procedures and processes, within pre-set timescales.
- Able to demonstrate excellent written skills and draft documents in a logical and accurate manner.
- Able to deal with and accurately record sensitive information relating to children which may be distressing and/or disturbing.
- Able to work on own initiative and manage the competing demands by effective self management, motivation and prioritisation.
- Demonstrate ability to work with a high degree of accuracy across a range of activities and tasks relating to Child Protection Case Conference and Review meetings and associated work
- Able to identify, extract and summarise key information provided in meetings in the form of minutes, records etc.
- Able to implement, maintain and manage accurate information retention systems both manual and computerised.
- Ability to adopt a process of continual improvement and suggest ways of working more efficiently and effectively to improve service delivery.
- Ability to work within the Data Protection Act and the Council’s confidentiality requirement when dealing with sensitive documentation securely.
- Able to effectively use standard IT word processing and spreadsheet packages, including Word and Excel.
- Able to arrange events, manage diaries and service meetings, producing agendas and minutes.
- Able to communicate sensitively and in an appropriate manner which considers the diverse needs of our communities.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Specialist Minute Taker / Admin x3 - Children's Safeguarding
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.