- Pay Rate:
Competitive Market Rate
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
- East Kilbride
Role: Senior Delivery Manager
Contract Length: Anticipated 12 months
Location: East Kilbride – hybrid 2-3 days per week in the office
Pay Rate: Competitive Market Rate
Our client is looking to hire a Senior Delivery Manager for approximately 12 months.
Ideally you will have around 5-15 years’ industry experience, successfully performing a delivery or project management role in both agile and traditional delivery.
You must demonstratable hands-on experience using Atlassian’s JIRA and Confluence tools to drive delivery as you will be required to use these from day one.
- Engage with Product Managers and Technical Leads to understand their vision and roadmap for especially complex, high-risk or sensitive products and components.
- Work with them to translate their roadmap into initiatives, epics and other deliverables that can be scheduled and delivered within agreed time, cost and quality constraints.
- Define and manage the ways of working, iteration goals, and iteration meetings for your products and teams, identifying and resolving stakeholder, resource and cost issues as they arise.
- Gather high and low level resource and cost estimates throughout the delivery life-cycle.
- Negotiate and maintain up to date budgets and cost models and contribute to the outline business cases.
- Identify, create and report on the risks and dependencies associated with your products and components in their backlogs and at risk assurance meetings.
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to gather the evidence required to get your products and components approved at our change management meetings and “fit for use” assessments.
- Coordinate the onboarding of partners to your products as well as the resolution of business and technical issues which are not yet defined in a service wrap.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate a strong track record of successful delivery management, across the full product/software delivery lifecycle delivering complex products/projects.
- Evidence experience delivering solutions using agile tools and methods, including estimation, prioritisation, and managing risks and dependencies, i.e., through products like Jira and Confluence.
- Proven experience of de facto project management methodologies and tools, including how and when to apply. Examples include Agile, Scrum and PRINCE2. It is essential to have qualifications and certifications in delivery management methodologies.
- Possess excellent communication and negotiation skills, and be a robust character with a strong determination to deliver quality outcomes and time and to budget.
- A proactive personality is essential along with a very high degree of self-motivation and ability to motivate and drive others.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience of third party and client stakeholder management.
- Achieving delivery in a large regulated body, e.g., Government, Insurance, Banking, etc.
- Used to matrix management of engineers, who also work for other teams and product delivery, and/or third party suppliers.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: SC highly desirable; candidates with active SC clearance will be fast-tracked.
Should you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the recruitment process or if there is a more accessible way for us to communicate, please do let me know.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, PSR provides a ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the PSR Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Delivery Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.