- Pay Rate:
Up to £35.42 per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Financial Services Lawyer -Hybrid Working - PSR1JP00059141
Pay Rate: Up to £35.42 per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
Technical Legal Skills
- Sound understanding of public law
- A knowledge of or a willingness to acquire a knowledge of financial services law.
- Reliable legal judgement and appreciation of legal risk.
- The ability to think strategically and creatively, see legal issues in their wider context and advise accordingly.
- Sound analysis, using secure legal research to produce timely and fit for purpose advice.
- Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on shared objectives.
- Challenge assumptions while being willing to compromise if beneficial to progress.
- Build strong interpersonal relationships and show genuine care for colleagues.
- Ensure consideration and support for the wellbeing of yourself and individuals throughout the team.
- Understand the varying needs of the team to ensure they are supported and their experiences are utilised.
- Create an inclusive working environment where all opinions and challenges are taken into account and bullying, harassment and discrimination are unacceptable
- Remain available and approachable to all colleagues and be receptive to new ideas.
- Communicating and Influencing
- Communicate with others in a clear, honest and enthusiastic way in order to build trust.
- Explain complex issues in a way that is easy to understand.
- Take into account people’s individual needs.
- Deliver difficult messages with clarity and sensitivity, being persuasive when required.
- Consider the impact of the language used.
- Remain open-minded and impartial in discussions, whilst respecting the diverse interests and opinions of others.
- Introduce different methods for communication, including making the most of digital resources whilst getting value for money.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the law on financial services regulation, which could be gained in a private practice context, through academic study or in the legal department of a regulator or regulated entity
- Applicants must be qualified to practise as a Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive in England and Wales (or will be qualified 3 months from application date). You must have completed a training contract/pupillage/qualifying employment, or have been exempted from this by the Law Society, the Bar Council or CILEx.
- Professional entry criteria for Chartered Legal Executives (i.e. Fellows): Chartered Legal Executives are eligible to apply where (i) a Qualifying Law Degree (QLD) is held; or (ii) the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL)/CPE has been completed; or (iii) where exams have been passed (i.e. a score of 50% or above achieved), at CILEx Level 6*, in all of the following seven foundation subjects in law: Contract Law, Criminal Law, Equity and Trusts Law, European Union Law, Land Law, Public Law and Law of Tort
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Financial Services Lawyer - Remote Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.