- Pay Rate:
Up to £550 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim IT Commercial Manager -Hybrid Working - PSR 1JP00058916
Pay Rate: Up to £550 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
The successful candidate can be located in any one of the 21 locations across the UK with a hybrid working pattern in place (Minimum 40% (2 days) working in the office and up to 60% (3 days) working from home). The office locations include Birmingham, Brighton, Chatham, Edinburgh, Leeds, Ipswich and London.
- Commercial activity for the category and across the full commercial lifecycle (sourcing, contract, performance and relationship management).
- Act as the Commercial Business Partner for impacting contractual / service changes that affect the Insolvency Service in your area of responsibility and across the SIAM eco-system.
- Risk and Opportunity Management – develop and maintain commercial risk / opportunities log across the service
- Communicating new / changed requirements to the wider Category team and share best practice
- Support the Senior Commercial Business Partner in handling customer matters and supplier challenges / disputes
- Developing and sustaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders including the internal IT function and other stakeholders
- Ensuring robust governance and assurance to meet compliance requirements across the Agencies and demonstrating adherence to Government Commercial Operating Standards and People Standards.
- An experienced Buyer from Public Sector sourcing routes (e.g. G-Cloud, Govt Frameworks)
- A confident and experienced commercial professional with proven category management experience, who is flexible and adaptable, able to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Be able to identify and drive savings and efficiencies and deliver against performance targets.
- Ideally be CIPS qualified (IACCM or specialist degree may be considered as an alternative).
- A strong communicator, able to challenge stakeholders and influence decisions up to Director level.
- A conscientious professional, astute and aware of the context of their work, particularly around risks and opportunities
- Someone who is willing to share experiences and knowledge with colleagues, to the benefit of the wider commercial team and the agency as a whole.
- Strong, demonstrable Buying experience of Public Sector Frameworks – particularly Crown Commercial Service,
Government procurement processes and procedures, governance and compliance requirements and operating standards
- Robust evidence of successful delivery across the whole commercial lifecycle from understanding needs and helping stakeholders to develop robust requirements and specifications, buying the appropriate services, through to Exit, Transition and ‘In Live’;
- The skills and ability to deliver a range of Public Sector IT procurements using Digital Marketplace (GCloud) and Framework Call Offs (both direct and further competition) (You should also be able to exercise judgement in selecting appropriate sourcing strategies).
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Recent experience of working within multi-functional teams, providing commercial expertise and appropriate challenge.
- An understanding of commercial management in a SIAM environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim IT Commercial Manager - Hybrid Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.