- Pay Rate:
Up to £700 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim DevOps engineer (specific Azure focus) -Remote Working - PSR1JP00054556 *RATE INCREASE*
Pay Rate: Up to £700 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
This role is currently remote working.
*Rate Increase and extension to 6 months, for this role*
It is essential that you have PowerShell experience, along with previous experience of Blue/Green, more of a bellwether engineer.
As the DevOps engineer (specific Azure focus) you will closely support the Head of Development Operations to enable the operations team to design, build and operate important technology services.
You will be leading the team that is responsible for DevSecOps activities across the Organisational suite of web and mobile apps, with an aim to make the organisation a more data driven, customer focused, digital organisation.
- Implementing and supporting the deployment and running of the team estate of web and mobile apps and services
- Driving and implementing improvements across the DevSecOps team and activities
- Managing the optimisation of development process pipelines. Identifying optimisation opportunities and driving the implementation of proposed solutions, across the team estate of mobile and web apps.
- Ensuring that cloud platforms are highly available and improving all aspects of service availability in a cost-effective manner.
- Line managing and ensuring the productivity across a team of DevSecOps Engineers.
- Delivering SRE activities which continually improve and support the app estate.
- Working with the Head of Development Operations, Head of Development, other area leads, Product Owners,
- Business users and 3rd Party suppliers (in public and private sector) to ensure delivery.
- Seeking to improve your knowledge in work areas and recommend new tools, platforms and ways of working for the team.
- Using and promoting Agile best practices.
- Making effective decisions with excellent communicating and influencing skills.
- Avoiding guesswork by using data and an incremental change approach to drive improvements
- Evidencing strong technical leadership qualities, with a passion for delivering leading edge designs and inspiring a culture of technical excellence and innovative solution design.
- Hands-on leadership and development of DevSecOps / SRE teams for web and mobile apps operations.
- Delivering constant incremental improvements for web / mobile apps and API operations.
- Managing highly available services on a cloud platform and implementing CI/ CD technologies
- High level of organisational, time management and prioritisation skills to manage own workload and conflicting demands.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject and/or significant working experience
- Experience with implementing and supporting DevSecOps approaches to application testing and deployment.
- Extensive hands on experience of AWS or Azure
- Hands on Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automated deployments.
- Hands on experience with Infrastructure as code (e.g Terraform) and enterprise level security.
- Hands on experience with Microservices, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS and automated monitoring and alerting
- Hands on experience with Azure Devops
- Excellent customer and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to translate high level requirements into clear and actionable individual objectives
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim DevOps Engineer /Azure Focus - *Rate Increased*
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.