- Pay Rate:
Up to £850 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Role: Design Manager
Contract Length: Anticipated 12 months
Location: Weybridge – onsite 4 days per week and 1day WFH
Pay Rate: Up to £850 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Our client is looking to hire a Design Manager for approximately 12 months.
You will manage the commissioning, delivery and management of a design technical assurance commissions, agreeing procurement requirements, ensuring effective and quality delivery, including financial and performance reporting against budget.
- Manage the commissioning, delivery and management of a design technical assurance commissions, agreeing procurement requirements, ensuring effective and quality delivery, including financial and performance reporting against budget.
- Engineering assurance of the design, installation, commissioning and proof running of all Technical Services capital projects.
- Assess and report on bio-safety and engineering compliance and assessed risk, with responsibility to ensure the Engineering Risk Register is maintained and controls are implemented.
- Development and implementation of site engineering standards and processes, aligned with industry best practice, ensuring that all new assets are installed in accordance with statutory compliance and deliver reliability of operation.
- Intelligent Client Function - to assess and review engineering solutions proposed and delivered by Capital Program, ensuring all proposals are fit for purpose, compliant with industry standards and deliver best practice for the business.
- Lead the engineering working group, setting team standards and making decisions about future design strategies
- Senior design manager for containment laboratory facilities, with considerable experience of working in complex bio containment environments.
- Strong experience of design/ engineering management in a Research Science or similar complex environment, with demonstrable experience of managing design standards and assurance.
- Team management experience
- Engineering or architecture background
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: CTC/SC highly desirable; candidates with active CTC/SC clearance will be fast-tracked.
Should you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the recruitment process or if there is a more accessible way for us to communicate, please do let me know.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, PSR provides a ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the PSR Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Design Manager - Commissioning / Engineering
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.