- Pay Rate:
Competitive Market Rate
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Role: Strategic Communications Officer
Contract Length: Anticipated 6 months
Location: Hybrid: London 2-3 days a week
Pay Rate: Competitive Market Rate
Our client is looking to hire a Strategic Communications Officer for approximately 6 months.
- Drive the implementation of the communications strategy, including updating core communications assets and channels such as briefing packs, newsletters, virtual platform events and our website.
- Provide strategic communications consultation services for the internal team, including soliciting, collating and reporting feedback from partners and stakeholders to inform workstreams engagement approach and develop a forward-looking programme.
- Liaise and engage with the departmental embeds and communications colleagues to ensure clear and consistent communications across the unit and its partner and develop opportunities to contribute on wider communication platforms.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Strong communications expertise, with knowledge and experience of the cross national security landscape
- Previous experience in developing and improving communications assets and implementing these.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to understand the developing strategic context and implications to desired outcomes.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships with a wide range of organisations and people and using those relationships to achieve desired outcomes.
- Experience of working in central government is beneficial
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: SC highly desirable; candidates with active SC clearance will be fast-tracked.
Should you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the recruitment process or if there is a more accessible way for us to communicate, please do let me know.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, PSR provides a ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the PSR Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Strategic Communications Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.