- Pay Rate:
Up to £532 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Role: Senior Service Manager - IT Service Management
Contract Length: Anticipated 12 months
Location: London (hybrid days TBC) plus some travel
Pay Rate: Up to £532 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Our client is looking to hire a Senior Service Manager for approximately 12 months.
As a Senior Service Manager, you will be a key decision maker and liaise with the most senior internal and 3rd party stakeholders who are involved in some of the most cutting-edge skills and topics within information technology.
You will have a strong background and extensive experience in IT Service Management. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and use your expertise to direct, advise and support your team to deliver high-quality services. Using your strong knowledge of Service Management and stakeholder management skills, you will effectively influence change within the organisation.
You will interface with Service Architecture & Transition, Service Operations & Programme Portfolio colleagues to assure the delivery of the service/s you are accountable for. You will also engage with wider teams and stakeholders to manage opportunities, risks and escalations, ensuring the quality of the service being delivered meets the business needs.
- Ongoing integration of service providers with Operating Models ensuring new / updated services are effectively onboarded as required, ensuring necessary development to support Service integration functions in live developing, implementing, and communicating Service Management and Digital Data and Technology strategies
- Ensure that the customer receives the highest level of service from the Enterprise Services teams and managed suppliers
- Identify appropriate internal and external suppliers to deliver services, working with them to agree the approach based on the defined outcomes
- Effectively engage with senior stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure alignment and to manage challenges and escalations from the Service Management teams
- Accountability for initiatives that will drive continuous improvement across customer services, whilst protecting the integrity of existing services
- Make decisions regarding cost reductions and opportunities based on supplier financial performance, subsequently managing suppliers to deliver accordingly
- Application of Service Management and agile methodologies and models across a range of services within varying environments.
- Apply your expert knowledge of the various communications channels to effectively engage with stakeholders via the appropriate medium, adapting your approach where required
- Understand how your current work fits into broader Enterprise Services contexts and strategies so that deeper underlying problems and opportunities can be addressed and managed appropriately
- Ability to act as the escalation point to directly manage supplier performance against commercial agreements, working with commercial teams to update contracts when required
- Experience taking responsibility for service spending, ensuring actual costs are within budget and managing any over/underspend
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: SC highly desirable; candidates with active SC clearance will be fast-tracked. You should also be willing to undergo NPPV3 clearance.
Should you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the recruitment process or if there is a more accessible way for us to communicate, please do let me know.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, PSR provides a ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the PSR Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Service Manager - IT / Digital
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.