- Pay Rate:
Up to £594 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 8 months
Interim Business Analyst -Hybrid Working - PSR 1JP00059101
Pay Rate: Up to £594 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Salisbury 1-2 days a week.
- Requirement gathering – Coordinate requirement activities, their validation and sign-off ensuring that the needs of the key stakeholders are articulated determining the need and value of performing the activity based on the context
- Process modelling – Determine requirement for and develop, coordinate and agree sign-off of the ‘As-Is’ and To-Be’ business process work
- Gap Analysis – Coordinate and lead on the evaluation of requirements against the present state (where we are) & the target state (where we want to be) and identify opportunities to develop successful business requirements as well as cultivate stakeholder relationships needed to make the transition.
- Impact Analysis – Lead on ensuring that the potential consequences of a change are correctly identified, that stakeholders have been identified and are part of the overall process and that benefits have been collated in response to the impact analysis.
- Benefit Analysis – Coordinate and lead on ensuring that identified benefits analysis is developed and disseminated to project sponsors, senior managers and project stakeholders where applicable.
- Stakeholder management and engagement – Coordinate Stakeholder analysis and comms with project and Comms team and ensure that stakeholder management is an ongoing process.
- Facilitation – Liaise with business owners, business architects business users change and technical teams to identify solutions.
- System Analysis – Lead on the work of systems analysis to ensure business needs are translated into solutions against identified time lines, & work with technical leads to ensure business needs are translated into the technical solutions.
- Assurance and Quality – Apply recognised methodologies; audit test and quality gates; review deliverables from team & releases.
- Traceability – Manage the delivery of change against a fully auditable process.
- Business Improvement – Lead on the work with Business Improvement teams on business readiness and the identification of BAU enhancements and their solutions to ensure that defined project benefits are delivered.
- Business Solution Design – Coordinate change with policy and strategy to ensure business systems, workflows and processes contribute to target operating model.
- Delivery Products Tools and Documentation – Coordinate development and application of: frameworks; application of methodologies; operating model/target operating model; functional specification; user cases; user stories; UAT plans and strategy; entry/exit and /or no/no go criteria; defect analysis; forms and templates; guidance; business case.
- Ensure appropriate business analysis is conducted to support the role of the PMO, its Sub Portfolios and Programmes.
- Manipulate and analyse large volumes of information using appropriate tools and methods to verify data quality and use robust problem-solving abilities.
- Complete Quantitative and Qualitative analysis.
- Responsible for further investigation of particularly complex issues or to identify difficult underlying trends.
- Appropriate analytical or business improvement skills gained in a project or non-project environment.
- An analyst with strong analysis skills with competency in Data science techniques, experienced in using a broad range of techniques to support delivery of business outcomes.
- Able to assimilate and report information which is able to draw out trends and insights which aids strategic business decision making.
- In this role you will have the following typical responsibilities depending upon your experience and the complexity of Sub-Portfolio/Programme you are supporting:
- An extensive analytical understanding and ability to handle complex management information and analysis tasks.
- Full knowledge of project lifecycle and experience of working in a P3 environment, Quantitative and qualitative analysis tools and techniques.
- Dealing with multiple data sources presenting in a clear and concise format
- Ability to use MS Office Applications, Intermediate level MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Working experience of data visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Knowledge and experience of process mapping.
- Experience of developing plans to mature tools and techniques.
- Stakeholder engagement including reporting, communicating and influencing across all levels of the business
- An ability to describe complex analytical information to non-specialist audiences - Working in a fast paced delivery environment, managing and prioritising multiple data requests from various stakeholders.
- Quality Management.
- Familiarity of Government, Defence or security sector
- Experience of Business Change and implementation
- Good understanding of finance data and an ability to blend this with P3 data
- Change Control
- Experience in R
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Understanding of financial forecasting
Memberships - Desirable
- APM or equivalent
- Chartered Management Institute
Qualifications - Desirable
- BA/BSc/BEng degree in Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Social Science, Psychology, or any related fields (i.e. Mathematics, Engineering), or equivalent practical experience
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- APM Practitioner Qualification
- MSP Practitioner
- Security Clearance: SC SOLE UK NATIONAL
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Business Analyst - Hybrid Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.