- Pay Rate:
£11.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- SOUTH SHIELDS, Tyne & Wear,
Temporary Business Support Officer / Admin – Adult Social Care
Reference no: S Tyneside 1004822714686959
Pay rate: £11.39 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: SOUTH SHIELDS, Tyne & Wear
BPSS clearance required for this role
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
A Business Support Officer is required to provide business support and assist in working towards the objectives of the Service/Directorate within Adult Social Care & Commissioning.
- Provide general business support relating to the service area.
- Assist in the organisation and provision of business support in relation to the service area including maintaining records, organising and taking minutes of meetings, responding to and answering queries (including by letter), maintaining office systems, diary management, arranging room and travel bookings etc.
- Ensure that office equipment, stationery and other office consumables (including basic maintenance) are ordered in accordance with purchasing procedures.
- Undertake the management of manual and computerised records/management information systems, including the analysis, manipulation and production/presentation of reports, escalating any issues regarding accuracy and inconsistency of information where appropriate.
- Provide advice, guidance or signpost staff, public etc. with regard to internal policies/ procedures and external regulations/legislation.
- Undertake complex IT based tasks.
- Provide support in specialist duties that could be associated with this post e.g. demonstrate duties to less experienced employees (or equivalent), possibly including the allocation and checking of their work; undertake financial processing activities such as monitoring budgets, contributing to budget setting, handling and reconciliation of petty cash, processing of orders, invoices (incoming and outgoing), processing of creditor payments, raising debtors accounts in accordance with financial regulations; operate and demonstrate relevant ICT software packages e.g. word processing packages, databases, spreadsheets, specialist software etc. CAD, PRINCE2, Microsoft Project etc. To act as a “superuser” for your area, including training staff on software systems, identifying staff training, co-ordinating system upgrades and resolving any problems highlighted to you by your colleagues.
- Undertake the business support activities associated with project management e.g. undertake research and obtain information to inform decisions, the manipulation and presentation of data/information; the completion and submission of complex monitoring forms, returns etc. including those to external bodies; monitor and manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits.
- Provide assistance as required to team members in the Service. Cover other posts as required located in different buildings.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- 4 GCSE’s including Maths and English or equivalent.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Minute taking skills and experience.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Officer / Admin – Adult Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.