- Pay Rate:
Up to £500 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Commercial Advisor -Remote Working - PSR 1JP00059361
Pay Rate: Up to £500 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Remote but must be willing to visit offices as required (London/East Kilbride)
- Lead procurement projects: support the drafting of specifications, contracts and managing the Invitation to Tender (ITT) and evaluation processes using the THE eProcurement platform.
- Maintain and support existing, or create new, networks with the respective programme teams, other government departments and the supply base to develop a relevant and up-to-date understanding of the category or programme of spend for the team.
- Deliver sustainable cost savings and value added interventions. Be creative and innovative when developing and implementing service requirements for complex procurements to ensure value for money is achieved.
- Provide guidance to regional procurement teams on specific projects and ensure alignment with all processes.
- Provide support on appropriate project governance including documentation, business cases and presenting cases to relevant boards.
- Support the pipeline of projects and contracts using the eProcurement platform to enable accurate and timely reporting. Provide input to departmental (business) annual plan and category plans, ensuring engagement in business cases and leading drafting on the commercial case for all planned in scope procurements or commercial activity requiring the Commercial engagement.
- Support efforts to ensure continuity and consistency of approach across the programmes from project to project, using required tools, systems and processes such as e-sourcing tools to guide commercial activity and produce high quality commercial management information.
- Use tact and diplomacy in establishing, maintaining and developing high-level contacts in the department, with other government departments and the relevant suppliers for the programme.
- Ensure high quality service delivery is provided to the local country or thematic Programme team, including stakeholder connectivity, category strategy, pre-procurement market engagement and supplier selection. Provide input into the vision of the future state of the programme, translating it into an actionable strategy and plan, and informing future contract management planning.
- Use judgement, interpretation and co-ordination to ensure that the solutions developed and delivered within the category portfolio are acceptable to senior stakeholders and, when applicable, other government departments.
- Develop market awareness for key categories, highlighting opportunities for innovation, value for money solutions and new ways of working to key business partners.
- Help resolve complex issues, including those that are perceived to be novel and contentious.
- Support initiatives to promote and deliver Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) within the CSSF and PF programmes.
- Advise on supplier management for the category in question, using commercial management information to inform the Commercial engagement with suppliers
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualifications (or working towards them) OR equivalent direct commercial and/or tender management experience to meet the role profile.
- Experience of delivering high value commercial / procurement projects in the public sector or a complex commercial environment. This will include good commercial awareness and judgement with the ability to understand, control and mitigate risks.
- Understanding of public sector procurement processes, including use of Frameworks. Familiarity with the Public Contract Regulations 2015 (PCR 2015) or a similar statutory framework and contract law.
- Security Clearance: SC CLEARANCE IS ESSENTIAL
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to take decisions based on well thought out conclusions and recommendations.
- Pro-active, close attention to detail, numerate, good organisational skills with the ability to translate these skills into developing and implementing effective administrative processes for the team.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Commercial Advisor - Hybrid Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.