- Pay Rate:
Up to £500 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Finance Business Partner -Hybrid Working - PSR 1JP00059215
Pay Rate: Up to £500 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: London or East Kilbride (2 to 3 days per week in the office)
Security Clearance: SC CLEARANCE AND UK NATIONALITY.
The Finance Business Partner will work as part of a team to deliver assurance on their business area’s financial performance, providing challenge, advice and support to ensure teams contribute to Departmental objectives.
You will also work with internal and external partners, including stakeholders in other professions, to ensure excellence in financial performance and financial capability in their business area. This includes working with Directors and finance colleagues across the organisation to ensure effective value for money and oversight in the use of public funds.
You will support the business in delivering programmes and operating costs effectively. This includes providing clear advice and being able to identify and outline technical finance solutions as required.
You will provide regular, robust financial information, detailed analysis and business insight to Directors and finance colleagues to support effective planning, decision making and capacity building.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Finance Business Partner in their business area.
- Accountable for the operation and continuous improvement of key finance processes to generate quality timely and accurate performance reports, analysis and recommendations to facilitate effective decision making.
- Financial review of business cases ensuring proposals deliver value for money, are in line with the directorate and organisation’s strategic objectives and affordable within the long-term financial plan.
- Represent Finance in programme boards ensuring finance and value for money shapes decision making and teams are meeting financial objectives and delivery plans.
- Lead and conduct challenge meetings with senior departmental representatives and promote accountability and VFM to contribute to the production of better financial information, including forecasting and variance analysis and risk management.
- Lead on consolidating corporate finance returns such as interim and year end accounting packs, operational plan submissions, implementation of the finance improvement plan and other corporate initiatives/policies.
- Review, support and inform scenario based forecasts, considering risk, probability and contingency planning and support portfolio management over multiple financial years.
- Support the Directorate(s) on strategic finance exercises such as business planning, resource allocation and strategic workforce planning, feeding into the Senior Finance Business Partner leading for the DG area.
- Working closely with senior Commercial colleagues ensuring strategic alignment on finance objectives.
- Providing oversight of the directorate’s long-term financial plans ensuring the directorate is meeting Spending Review commitments and spending decisions are taken strategically and within spending envelopes
- Contributing to submissions and policy decisions to ensure finance objectives are considered and met.
- Lead on the internal control environment to mitigate risks, ensure value for money on decision making and financial control processes are followed
- Support internal and external audits and the delivery of recommendations relating to finance and control.
- Improve the standards of financial and commercial awareness and financial management by supporting the implementation of corporate policies and explaining finance principles to non-finance staff.
- The ability to build and manage deep, strong and trusting relationships with their clients and colleagues.
- A deep belief in the value of Finance as a strategic business function, and in their personal ability to make a difference to the organisation. Able to adapt, to effectively influence colleagues and clients and help clients and colleagues to do the same.
- The ability to quickly develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the business and its strategy and the ability to communicate in business terms. Understands the business levers that drive performance.
- Previous Line management experience.
- A qualified accountant, workings towards a qualification or be committed to qualify from one of the five Consultative Committees of Accounting Bodies (ACCA, CIPFA, ICAEW, ICAI and ICAS) or CIMA.
- Security Clearance: SC CLEARANCE AND UK NATIONALITY
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- SC CLEARANCE AND UK NATIONALITY
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Finance Business Partner – Hybrid Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.