- Pay Rate:
£11.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
2 days per week, Thursdays and Fridays (hours to be advised), normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
- SUNDERLAND, Tyne & Wear,
Temporary PT Fire Safety Assistant
Reference no: TWFRS 1004796814655583
Pay rate: £11.18 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 2 days per week, Thursdays and Fridays (hours to be advised), normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
City: SUNDERLAND, Tyne & Wear
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
A PT Fire Safety Assistant is required to work 2 days per week, Thursdays and Fridays. Under the guidance of the Fire Safety Manager, to undertake the support and delivery of duties within the function which contribute to the provision of an excellent service, whilst ensuring the effective use of resources. To support department managers in the delivery of exceptional services to our community and key stakeholders.
- Provide support and cover the workload of the other Fire Safety Assistants during their absence and carry out relevant duties to ensure the services of the function are delivered efficiently.
- Carry out all clerical support tasks required by the function e.g. input of accurate data/information, maintenance of electronic and paper based office systems and production of all documentation using MS Office suite.
- Be responsible for the effective input of accurate data and information, maintaining and reporting using electronic management information systems as appropriate.
- Compile, complete and produce reports and statistics and other information as directed.
- Extract, disseminate and analyse inspection workloads to operational personnel and fire safety officers.
- Undertake word processing duties including the preparation and maintenance of standard letters, legal documentation and a range of other documents as required.
- Oversee the department filing systems including appropriate storage and disposal of paper based, electronic and confidential documentation appropriately.
- Be responsible for the provision of an effective diary management service, proactively undertaking regular checks, ensuring electronic diaries are maintained and appropriate actions taken.
- Prepare for and attend meetings, taking accurate notes, producing minutes, distributing relevant documentation and following up action points as required.
- Produce a monthly, quarterly and annual reports of individual inspecting officers in support of local and national indicators.
- Have an awareness and liaise with fire safety inspecting officers regarding protocols and procedures.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of working in an administrative environment dealing with a variety of clerical tasks.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Knowledge of health and safety issues.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to undertake administrative, clerical and WP duties.
- Ability to handle, input, extract and manipulate data held in a database accurately.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with personnel both internally and externally.
- Minute taking skills and experience.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when working to conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to cope with a schedule of routine tasks.
- Must be able to work to a flexible working scheme, which may include some weekends/evenings.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Fire Safety Assistant / Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.