- Pay Rate:
Up to £26.96 per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Role: Training Instructor – Construction/Site Management *Re-opened*
Contract Length: Anticipated 6 months
Location: Cumbria Fulltime on site.
Pay Rate: Up to £26.96 per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
Our client is looking to hire a Training Instructor – Construction/Site Management for approximately 6 months.
You will deliver a range of courses from operational to holistic classroom-based courses. The class size is dependent on the courses (3-4 to 15+). Some on-plant specific training but mainly in the training facility.
- Effective delivery of training materials in accordance with established standards
- Effectively utilises and adapts appropriate techniques for engaging learners to participate in meeting the learning objectives
- Remove learning barriers, monitors and coaches learners with learning challenges
- Carry out post training evaluations and provide/respond to feedback
- Participate in audits, evaluations and reviews as required by local area/project
- Previous experience of Training Delivery/ Teaching or Coaching
- Understanding of the application of Systematic Approach to Training (SAT)
- Construction background
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to hold dialogue at all levels of the business
- Practical understanding of different learning styles, experience of removing barriers to learning and transferring this to a learning environment
- TAP accredited instructor or other recognised adult learning/instruction qualification (PTLLS, QTLLS, PGCE, RTITB) or equivalent (desirable)
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, you will be put forward for the ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Training Instructor – Construction/Site Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.