- Pay Rate:
£10.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
- SHREWSBURY, Shropshire,
Temporary Team Secretary / Admin – Community Care & Safety
Reference no: Shropshire RQ774233
Pay rate: £10.60 per hour PAYE
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
To provide administrative support to the team, including the maintenance of computerised client record systems. To act as a point of contact with members of the public, officers at all levels within the district/specialist team and other professionals.
- Undertake general office administration to include processing incoming and outgoing mail and telephone calls, dealing with general enquiries, receiving and assisting visitors and operating photocopier/fax machine.
- Produce and present documents from provided/dictated material.
- Store, retrieve and supply information. This will include maintaining an established storage/filing system, development of existing systems and supplying information as requested.
- Enter and integrate data using a variety of software applications including Word, Excel and in-house database systems and present information in various formats.
- Receive and send information using a variety of methods eg electronic mail, internal post and telephone.
- Process documents relating to goods and services.
- Order, monitor and maintain stock items such as stationery and equipment.
- Arrange and support meetings, to include note taking.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Grade C or above in English Language or NVQ Level 2 in Administration.
- RSA Stage II Typing/Word/Text Processing (or equivalent).
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite) and spreadsheets.
- Experience of general office routine and dealing with the public.
- Good typing/word processing and numeracy skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Experience of working both in a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to work with interruptions and within specific time constraints.
- A clear understanding of confidentiality.
- Minute taking skills and experience.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Team Secretary / Admin – Community Care & Safety
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.