- Pay Rate:
Up to £22.02 per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 3 months
Interim Payroll Administrator -Remote Working - PSR1JP00059536
Pay Rate: Up to £22.02 per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: remote – occasional travel for team away days or conference’s
Contract Length: Initially until the end of September, with possible extension to December, for the right candidate.
- Processing late paperwork or when notified of unauthorised absences in a timely manner with a view to avoid overpayments.
- Responsible for checking and authorising payments for new starters, payments. In exceptional circumstances, arranging special ad hoc payments or in certain cases stopping payment.
- To provide support and deal with queries. To be aware of confidential and sensitive issues as they arise and handle them in the correct and appropriate manner.
- Validate and process temporary payment transactions i.e. under or overpayments, payment of annual leave, redundancy payments.
- Responsible for collation and analysing of information with regards to salaries, personal details and correctly interpreting the data, calculating and inputting into ESR system in respect of starters, leavers and re-grading, amendments and redundancy payments.
- Work closely with HR Recruitment Officers to ensure that new starter forms, change forms are input accurately and leavers are processed in a timely manner
- Support training of payroll officers to ensure work is performed in accordance with changes in organisation and legislative requirements, and follows best practice.
- Communicate sensitive information effectively to all levels of staff and management i.e. particularly in relation to over and under payments.
- Investigate and give advice on payroll queries. Complete work in accordance with published payroll and pension statutory requirements and deadlines.
- Promote and ensure customer confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the ESR payroll system
- Provide advice to managers and staff on payroll.
- To ensure that an adequate audit trail is maintained for all transactions to demonstrate all changes have been appropriately authorised and processed.
- To ensure that workload is performed in accordance with the payroll and pension policies and procedures without direct supervision.
- To ensure that all contractual changes are input into the payroll system correctly, and validate the output against authorised requests.
- To investigate, analyse and resolve payroll queries and discrepancies in accordance with the terms and conditions of service.
- To ensure the integrity of the data input into the payroll system.
- To undertake the calculation of a variety of payments (e.g. redundancy, protection of earnings entitlements).
- To provide advice on ESR to both staff and managers on payroll processes.
- To be aware of the organisation policy and relevant legislation (principally the Data Protection Act) with regard to customer confidentiality and to communicate appropriately.
- To manage day to day changes in personal work load and resources to ensure work is completed in accordance with weekly and monthly payroll/pension timetables.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Payroll Administrator - Remote Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.