- Pay Rate:
Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Senior Infrastructure Engineer -Remote Working - PSR 1JP00058582
Pay Rate: Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Remote but required to go into office once a month in Manchester.
You should be eligible for SC clearance, with current BPSS.
Recent Titanium experience is key to this role.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be a skilled Practitioner and a role model in Infrastructure solutions.
You will be responsible for ensuring best practices are adhered to across the department and guiding teams on how to deliver quality Infrastructure products.
You will assist in the design of Infrastructure services in collaboration with Architecture and Engineering principles. With a focus on operational stability, robustness, resilience, availability and quality you will be accountable for infrastructure solutions.
You will be an infrastructure engineer with expertise implementing and managing the Tanium cyber security platform in a large enterprise. Expert knowledge of Tanium infrastructure and modules is essential. Experience implementing these in a complex environment, including AWS and Azure, and integrating Tanium with other platforms is highly desirable, alongside knowledge of infrastructure as code and Terraform.
- Design and implement infrastructure services/solutions to meet strategic plans and roadmaps
- Responsible for operational management of services/solutions, ensuring performance and delivery to staff
- provide specialist technical support and assistance to projects ensuring definition and delivery of requisite non-functional requirements to architectural and roadmap developments
- Operational management and monitoring of suppliers performance and escalation as required
- Development and implementation of service improvement plans to address identified issues
- Infrastructure Support
- Act as a major incident manager and escalation point for all service related incidents.
- Provide specialist service/solution technical support and assistance to junior staff and users
- Information Management
- Responsible for the provision of Management information reporting and escalation to senior stakeholders, ensuring alignment to best practice
- Management of the risk register for individual technical area, ensuring appropriate reporting and mitigation plans and actions are implemented.
- Ownership of service/solution KPIs, ensuring performance against best practice
- Strategic & Financial Management
- Management of service area budgets ensuring effective monitoring and control to safeguard against breach of contract and non-compliance.
- Responsible for ensuing all infrastructure management processes and services are documented and stored centrally.
- Knowledge of Tanium Cyber Security Platform. (Must have! do not sent CV without)
2IT Infrastructure - Designs, implements, administers and supports infrastructure technologies, solutions and services such as: compute, storage, networking, physical infrastructures, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and open source packages and solutions, virtual and cloud including PaaS, SaaS
- Systems Integration - Defines and designs the integration build. Able to co-ordinate build activities and understands how to undertake and support integration testing activities
Technical Breadth - Has a deep understanding of the technical concepts required in their role and understands how these fit into the wider technical landscape. Understands the limitations of digital technology
- Knowledge and expertise implementing and managing the Tanium cyber security platform in a large enterprise.
Expert knowledge of Tanium infrastructure and modules is essential.
- Experience implementing these in a complex environment, including AWS and Azure, and integrating Tanium with other platforms is highly desirable, alongside knowledge of infrastructure as code and Terraform.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Security Clearance is required
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Remote Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.