- Pay Rate:
Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Senior Portfolio Manager/Researcher- - Bioscience -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00065122
Pay Rate: Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Predominantly remote working – approx. twice per month in office in Swindon
A Senior Portfolio Manager is needed with a Bioscience experience with an analytical and research background.
You will have an understanding of the bioscience research and innovation sphere, and the impact of scientific discoveries; including an awareness of how the research community, other funders, government, and wider partners.
Previous academic and/or administrative experience in the management of international projects or networks is desirable for this role.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, develop, and implement partnerships and associated bilateral and multi-lateral actions with overseas countries.
- Manage and ensure the successful progress and completion of deliverables and reports (technical and financial, including audits) associated with international funds.
- Lead the organisation of meetings, workshops etc., preparing corresponding documents such as meeting papers, reports, and presentations
- Represent team interests at relevant meetings in the UK, and internationally
- Provide support to other related activities such as preparing papers and briefings for senior management, and for communication and dissemination
Who you are:
- Degree in Life Sciences or related subject, and/or previous relevant experience
- A proven ability to analyse and present complex information and produce reports, interpret scientific information within own science area, and a readiness to develop a broader understanding of the science that BBSRC supports
- Ability to think strategically
- A demonstrable understanding of the bioscience research and innovation sphere, and the impact of scientific discoveries; including an awareness of the research community, other funders, government, and wider partners
- Experience of planning and prioritising own work to ensure that critical deadlines are met; as well as supporting others
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills, including strong liaison, networking and negotiation skills
- Strong, effective communication skills, both orally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders; IT literate
- Effective team worker, able to collaborate and provide support to colleagues, to develop good working relationships with others, and to work flexibly and effectively on own initiative
- Willingness to travel in UK and abroad, including occasional overnight (or longer) absences
- PhD in Life Sciences, or equivalent experience, and/ or previous relevant experience
- Academic and/or administrative experience in the management of international projects or networks
- Knowledge and understanding of the peer review process, and awareness of science policy issues
- Understanding of the purpose of international collaborations, knowledge of the European Commission’s Framework Programme
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Portfolio Manager / Researcher - Bioscience
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.