- Pay Rate:
Up to £400 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim Performance Reporting & Business Analyst -Hybrid Working - PSR 1JP00059069
Pay Rate: Up to £400 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Hybrid 2-3 days in Milton Keynes or East Kilbride or London
- Provide clear, accurate, timely reporting across all aspects of the HSF (including customer satisfaction, system, process, people, finance, and commercial/supplier) relating to service ‘run’ and service ‘change’.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the service and supply chain to share, consolidate and aggregate data and metrics from all aspects of the HERA service. This will include service desks/service management, demand, change, testing, finance, commercial, the run partner and any other key suppliers, security, design, delivery, business users, operations teams.
- Through effective analysis provide insights into performance issues, trends, risks and opportunities for service improvement in areas including customer satisfaction, the efficiency, effectiveness and economy of HERA service management, operations and provision (along with recommendations).
Produce high quality reports and dashboards for the Hera Performance Board and HSF Operations & Administration Board, the Service Director, Government Business Services and other stakeholders.
- Working with other members of the HSF Performance Reporting & Analytics team respond proactively and collaboratively to requests for ad-hoc data.
Work collegiately and collaboratively with colleagues (including contractors), stakeholders, partners and related organisations.
- Support the organisational objectives, policies and standards.
- A first or second class honours degree in a numerate subject (2:2 minimum) e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Sciences, Business Studies, Psychology, Geography, Data Science or similar;
- OR have worked in a statistical or data science field for a minimum of two years applying statistics or data science.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. You understand how to apply basic techniques for analysis of research data and synthesis of findings. You know how to involve your team in analysis and synthesis. You can present clear findings that colleagues can understand and use.
- Communication skills. You can translate and communicate accurate information to technical and non-technical stakeholders. You know how to facilitate discussions within a multidisciplinary team, with potentially difficult dynamics. You can advocate for the team externally and manage differing perspectives.
- Data management. You understand data governance and how it works in relation to other organisational governance structures. You can participate in or deliver the assurance of a service.
- Data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment skills. You can produce data models and understand where to use different types of data models. You understand different tools and can compare different data models. You know how to reverse-engineer a data model from a live system. You understand industry-recognised data-modelling patterns and standards.
- Data visualisation. You know how to use the most appropriate medium to visualise data to tell compelling and actionable stories relevant for business goals. You can present, communicate and disseminate data appropriately and with high impact.
- Logical and creative thinking skills. You know how to respond to problems in databases, data processes, data products and services as they occur. You can initiate actions, monitor services and identify trends to resolve problems. You know how to determine the appropriate remedy and can help to implement it as well as preventative measures.
- Project management skills. You know how to apply your knowledge and experience of project management methodologies, including tools and techniques. You know how to adopt those most appropriate for the environment.
- Proven IT and mathematical skills. You know how to apply your knowledge and experience of these skills, including tools and techniques. You can adopt those most appropriate for the environment.
- Quality assurance, validation and data linkage abilities. You can recognise and identify appropriate ways to collect, collate and prepare data. You can decide if data is accurate and fit for purpose. You know how to do your own data preparation and cleansing with limited guidance.
- Statistical methods and data analysis skills. You know how and when to practically apply existing best-practice solutions.
- Security Clearance: SC, also candidates must be sole British nationals
- Familiarity with Power BI / similar
- Experience of large IT operations and/or service provision
- Shared Service experience
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Security Clearance and Sole British National
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Performance Reporting & Business Analyst - Hybrid
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.