- Pay Rate:
Competitive Market Rate
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor *Re-opened*
Contract Length: Anticipated 12 months
Location: Reading, 60% on site / 40% remote working.
Pay Rate: Competitive Market Rate
Our client is looking to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor for approximately 12 months.
- Support the project team in developing the appropriate project procurement strategies and tender documentation.
- Record keeping and change management of the contract in accordance with the contractual governance procedures.
- Management of the contractor incentive model and recommending any pain / gain share providing performance feedback as necessary.
- Support the assessment and settlement of contractor claims, throughout the contracts.
- Agreeing the final accounts with the contractor and internal stakeholders, and issuing the final certificate for payment.
- Provide subject matter expert advice and guidance to the Project Team and Supply Chain.
- Support the formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required.
- Support the preparation of specifications including the scope of works.
- Support the development of business cases and feasibility studies during project initiation.
- Provide input into investment peer reviews when reviewing budget forecasting, spend and change controls.
- Major projects experience – multiple projects in infrastructure & construction and transformation
- Commercial and contractual expertise - use of standard forms of contract – NEC/JCT and govt. versions
- Day to day administration of NEC 3 Professional Services contracts and using electronic contract management software like CEMAR
- Experience of managing professional services contracts on a major infrastructure programme
- Valuation, assessment and change control experience
- Contract execution Task order process management experience
- Experience of contract management and relationship management with key suppliers
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: SC highly desirable; candidates with active SC clearance will be fast-tracked.
Should you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the recruitment process or if there is a more accessible way for us to communicate, please do let me know.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, PSR provides a ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the PSR Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Quantity Surveyor *Re-opened*
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.