- Pay Rate:
£13.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- SUNDERLAND, Tyne & Wear,
Temporary Energy Technician – Energy Conservation
Reference no: Sunderland 2022 AGY 72
Pay rate: £13.00 per hour PAYE
Car driver with valid license and insurance or ability to travel throughout the county
Working outside normal hours and weekends may be required on occasions
To undertake technical work, as part of a supervised team, to defined standards or codes of practice and provide a quality and efficient service to customers.
- Management of corporate utility contracts.
- Utility invoice validation trend analysis and site investigations.
- Organisation of utility connections, de/energisations and disconnections with statutory bodies and utility suppliers.
- Liaising with clients and programming of external contractors, preparation of energy/ carbon certification and reports for the building managers, external clients and other members of the team.
- Deal efficiently with utility queries including site additions / deletions / metering including attendance on site.
- Assist in the use of Building Management Systems and Metering Systems.
- Assist in the contribution of efficiencies due to energy management.
- Carry out energy surveys and provide associated advice.
- Attendance at meetings with internal and external clients and utility suppliers.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Able to share information, obtain information and have dialogue with others either in person or over the telephone and through written communication.
- Ability to develop knowledge, experience of or undertake: energy invoices, energy consumption patterns and utility connections/ disconnections.
- Ability to develop knowledge, experience of Building Management Systems (Heating Controls).
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to meet the travel requirements of the post. Driving licence required. If have own vehicle then mileage can be claimed for any eligible journeys. If no access to a vehicle but have a valid driving licence then a pool car should be available, however the pool car cannot be taken home overnight.
- A good team worker - able to work effectively within a busy team environment.
- Good decision making skills with a willingness to take action and to make decisions in line with support plans, policies and procedures, being resourceful in the face of challenges.
- Able to work at a fast pace and cope well with high levels of workload.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours to meet the needs of the service. Flexible with the ability to work effectively despite changes in colleagues, settings and environment as well as changing working hours and working weekends if required.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Energy Technician – Energy Conservation
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.