- Pay Rate:
£26.22 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 09:00- 18:00
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- GOSPORT, Hampshire,
Interim Senior Building Surveyor - Property Services
Reference no: Portsmouth 5244766
Pay rate: £26.22 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 09:00- 18:00
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: GOSPORT, Hampshire
Hybrid working and site visits
Enhanced DBS required for this role
An experienced Senior Building Surveyor is required to be responsible with the team for surveying housing stock and corporate assets, evaluating and diagnosing what work is required, assessing the best options to carry out the work, issuing repairs or preparing specifications of work as necessary and managing the work undertaken and a varied range of projects.
- Surveying housing stock and corporate assets.
- Evaluating and diagnosing work that is required, and assessing the best options to carry out the work.
- Issuing repairs or preparing specifications of work.
- Projects carried out may include decorations to external and communal areas, cladding, fire safety work, window replacement, re-roofing, electrical work, extensions, and structural repairs. Individual projects you will lead may be complex or high profile and involve a varied team of professionals. Contract values will typically range from £50,000 to £1,000,000 and occasionally higher.
- Allocate workloads and be responsible for the development of your team, including facilitating relevant training, to ensure the service delivers a consistent approach to surveying and managing schemes, in accordance with current policies and legislation.
- Assess the condition of the assets, identify cyclical work, prioritise demands and support the Property Service Manager to prepare planned maintenance programmes of work as well ensuring accurate stock data information is maintained.
- Assist with the procurement and management of contracts, ensuring that the service is delivered in accordance with agreed terms and conditions. Required to attend operational and strategic meetings when necessary.
- Liaise with customers and stakeholders as appropriate regarding the repairs and maintenance service, including residents, leaseholders, local councillors, building users and other council section heads.
- Manage and develop a team of Surveyors who will carry out a wide range of surveying duties across a varied 3,000 housing residential stock and portfolio of various corporate commercial and non-housing assets supporting to maintain and improve properties, ensuring the right repair at the right time and help provide suitable homes when needed.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- A degree or HNC level qualification in a relevant building surveying or construction related subject and preferably either RICS or CIOB member status.
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Experience of building surveying, asset management, and contract management.
- Relevant experience and knowledge of the JCT and NEC suite of contracts including experience of managing contractors, negotiating contractual matters and resolution of disputes with contractors.
- Capable of undertaking surveys, assessing technical staff, developing and coaching practical surveying skills. Surveys include stock condition surveys and dilapidation surveys, measured surveys, energy performance surveys, fire risk assessments, asbestos surveys, recording stock data, identifying building defects, assess quality of work undertaken, offer solutions to resolve any issues identify and prepare specifications for repairs or planned maintenance schemes.
- Relevant knowledge and experience to apply cost control and budget management techniques.
- Relevant experience of public procurement rules and procedures for building work to gain quotations and tenders.
- Good building surveying and asset management knowledge.
- Knowledge and be able to advise others of building construction technology and building pathology.
- Knowledge and be able to apply building related and health & safety legislation, contract law and guidance. Specifically, the building regulations, planning law, party wall act, fire safety, electrical inspections, gas installations, JCT and NEC contracts, CDM Regulations and asbestos at work regulations, with the ability to advise others.
Skills & Abilities:
- Enthusiastic and a good communicator.
- A flexible approach to working.
- Ability to evaluate different building options and prepare a specification of work, gain quotations or tenders and manage repairs contracts.
- Able to interrogate, analyse and evaluate stock data including repair information, to ensure that stock data is accurate within a specific geographic area and measure the performance of the repairs and maintenance service.
- Able to advise and communicate with a range of different types and levels of project stakeholders at each stage of the project as appropriate including leading meetings or presentations or providing written reports.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Building Surveyor - Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.