- Pay Rate:
Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Role: Procurement Manager - Construction
Contract Length: anticipated 6 months
Location: Hybrid - London or East Kilbride, 2 days per week
Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Our client is within central government, and they are looking to hire a Procurement Manager.
As the Procurement Manager you will have at least five years’ experience working in a similar role with experience in Construction and have good knowledge of NEC4 Contracts.
A Procurement Manager is required to manage a portfolio of contracts in a complex project environment.
We are looking for a Procurement Manager with broad experience in Global/Overseas procurements.
As the Procurement Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead development of Category strategies through the category management cycle from understanding the team’s starting point in terms of spend, suppliers and estate portfolio through to developing options appraisals and mobilising sourcing projects in collaboration with Key stakeholders across the Global Estate.
- Influence senior stakeholders, effecting governance both internal and external including senior leaders.
- Implement and deliver the opportunities outlined in the Estates Category Forward Plans, including engaging and managing stakeholders, resources, internal and external dependencies; and transition plans and timelines.
- Lead the development of category expertise and knowledge to deliver category plans and strategies in collaboration with global posts / leaders and drive local, regional and global supply chain trends and strategies that deliver high quality commercial procurement outcomes, whilst ensuring value for money.
- Deliver complex procurements, ensuring high quality commercial arrangements, with robust specifications, Terms and Conditions, management principles, and measures developed in accordance with the selected route to market, taking cognisance of procurement legislation, Government policy, Government guidance such as the sourcing and construction playbooks and departmental policies and guidance.
- Deliver annually agreed savings target for the estates category portfolio through performance management of Commercial Estates teams, suppliers and working collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Strong Contract management knowledge across some of the major standard forms of contract in use for example, (NEC, FIDIC, JCT).
Provide leadership and direction to a small team of commercial specialist developing a professional culture, commercial capability and skills that empower our people through coaching, mentoring, sharing expertise/knowledge and bespoke training plans aligned to policy and promoting succession pathways.
- Develop and manage supplier performance and relationships; advising and supporting Senior Management on key commercial issues.
- Deliver stakeholder engagement plans that embeds effective business partnering driving long term strategic relationship management that ensures the optimum support, advice and delivery drives outcomes that ensures the team can be efficient and agile to deliver against its mission.
- Implement commercial governance for the Estates Services in compliance with spend controls and present to the appropriate governance boards, and externally forums as required.
- Contribute to the development and commercial cases of Business Cases & Sourcing Strategies (SOBC, OBC & FBC).
Lead Delivery Model Assessments (DMA) for the ESND category incorporating the capability & maturity vs, external capability at both an overall programmatic and component level.
- Work with wider stakeholders, and other Head of Category to ensure consistency and optimising strategy development and delivery.
- Travel within UK and Internationally may be required to meet and work with stakeholders and their teams.
- Continually assess global and regional supply markets to identify optimal solutions.
As the Procurement Manager you will have worked in a similar role and will have the following skillset:
- Experience of developing and implementing category strategies and strategic sourcing in a complex regulated setting.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience procuring complex construction or similar works/services in compliance with the Procurement Contracts Regulations with a thorough working knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and contracts including, for example, the NEC suite of contract forms.
- Experience operating in a matrix environment with the ability and skills to build successful relationships, enabling engagement with multiple stakeholders and the ability to constructively challenge decision making based on objective argument founded in fact and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills you will be a team player who leads by example.
- Public sector experience.
- An MCIPS qualification is highly desirable, but consideration will be given to candidates who demonstrate this level of required knowledge through work experience, or have a similar professional membership.
- Flexibility, willingness and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- International sourcing expertise
Security Clearance: SC highly desirable; candidates with active SC clearance will be fast-tracked.
Contract Length: anticipated 6 months initial contract
INSIDE IR35: Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Hybrid - East Kilbride or London 2 days per week
Interview Process: MS Teams
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Procurement Manager - Construction
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.