- Pay Rate:
£11.47 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 07:30 - 15:30
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ABERMULE, Powys,
Temporary Waste and Recycling Loader Level 2 – Waste Services
Reference no: Powys RQ734546
Pay rate: £11.47 per hour PAYE
Overtime will be required to work Bank Holidays
Driving Licence and CPC Driving Qualification
To load a refuse vehicle with wheelie bins/bags and to load a recycling vehicle with recycling boxes from between 600 to 850 properties per day. Must be able to walk between 5-15 miles per day and to work outdoors in different weather conditions.
- Travel with Refuse Collection vehicle to and from collection area or refuse disposal point as scheduled.
- Undertake training on the safe operation and use of a range of waste vehicles, particularly lifting and compaction equipment where necessary.
- Load different types of waste materials presented into the relevant vehicle, and where appropriate operate compaction or other equipment in accordance with manufactures’ instructions.
- Where appropriate, to sort specific materials into the appropriate vehicle to ensure no unacceptable materials are allowed to contaminate loads.
- Place bins to be emptied at the kerbside making sure no vehicular access is blocked and minimum obstructions to pedestrians, householders or vehicles and then return, ensuring no access is blocked.
- Assist other loaders with heavy bins and loads.
- Collect and move bulky or special items as instructed via Charge-hand / Supervisor complying with all Health and Safety Safe Working Practices.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Basic knowledge of refuse and recycling operations.
- Be prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Previous experience of working within a demanding manual role.
- Able to walk between 5-15 miles per day.
- Overtime will be required to work Bank Holidays.
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate factual information and customer feedback to colleagues and management.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence and CPC Driving Qualification.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Waste and Recycling Loader Level 2 – Waste Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.