- Pay Rate:
£481.92 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- OXFORD, Oxfordshire,
Interim Educational Psychologist x3
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5238087
Pay rate: £481.92 per day PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: OXFORD, Oxfordshire
Ability to travel effectively across Oxfordshire
Enhanced DBS required for this role
The purpose of this role is to apply psychology to improve outcomes for children and young people with SEN and additional educational needs. Use family and child centred approaches to working in partnership with parents and children with SEN/AEN, embracing the principles of Early Support and person-centred planning. To work collaboratively with schools, settings, other agencies and services, promoting partnership working, early intervention and integrated local solutions.
- Provide statutory educational psychology services to the county.
- Ensure compliance with statutory responsibilities for children and young people aged 0 – 25 with SEN/AEN and adherence to the EPS, SEN and inclusion strategies, policies, procedures.
- Independently maintain up to date knowledge and skills in assessment, monitoring and tracking progress of children and young people with SEN/LDD 0 – 25 years of age, including knowledge of evidence informed best practice.
- Contribute to preparation for adulthood where appropriate within statutory work.
- Work creatively with schools, other agencies and services to develop individually tailored solutions based on an understanding of evidence informed best practice through statutory work.
- Uphold local safeguarding procedures.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- An honours degree in Psychology.
- Registration as an EP with the Health Professions Council, or registration due when Doctorate completed.
- Either Post graduate qualification in Educational Psychology /Qualified teacher status/a minimum of two years successful teaching experience OR
- Doctorate in Educational Psychology.
- Experience of working as an EP or Trainee Educational Psychologist (TEP).
- Successful experience of multi-agency working to achieve the best outcomes for children and families.
- Successful experience of working with schools and settings to overcome barriers to learning and inclusion.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Educational Psychology and its application within the LA.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation, guidance and policy relating to SEN/AEN and to the wider inclusion agenda.
- Knowledge of evidence informed best practice in SEN/AEN to improve outcomes for children and young people.Knowledge and understanding of the issues relating to vulnerable children and families.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a person centred way with children and families to support them in identifying their aspirations and achieving positive outcomes.
- Effective communication skills to engage successfully with a range of people.
- Demonstrable ability to act with high levels of trust and personal accountability.
- Ability to consult with and listen to others to inform decision making.
- Ability to work creatively with partners at a systemic level to seek solutions.
- Ability to collect and analyse feedback to enable a better understanding of schools, children and families' needs to inform service delivery.
- Ability to respond positively to change and opportunities for personal development.
- High level ICT skills to support own administration and effective communication.
- Resilience and an ability to manage own work load effectively including working under pressure.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Ability to travel effectively across Oxfordshire.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Educational Psychologist x3
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.