- Pay Rate:
£25.56 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months until further notice
Interim Highway Maintenance Contract Lead
Reference no: Manchester 0007 5508 / 1
Pay rate: £25.56 per hour PAYE
Please note that the pay rate for this role is likely to be uplifted to reflect a higher than standard holiday allocation
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 12 months until further notice
Basic DBS required for this role
Hybrid role, office attendance 2-3 days per week
This role will be working within the Council Highways Contracts team who are dedicated to the management of Network Management / Maintenance programmes of Works and Core Services, each of which has their own overall budget limit. Option to extend this role by 12-months to Spring 2025. To provide contractual management and governance focus around oversight blended with contract and commercial consultancy support to the Council, to ensure that processes and audit requirements are adhered to across the supply chain.
Schemes / budgets are approximate and are subject to adjustment, these are circa.
- Highway Defect repairs – Programme – total Budget £3.5m.
- Highway Maintenance framework, not included in the above point, Highway Defect repairs Core and Out of Hours – total budget £1.2m.
- Highway Event support, Traffic Management Core and Out of Hours – total budget £0.7m.
- Winter Services -Total Budgets £1.6m. Statues & Memorials -Total Budget £0.15m
- De-mobilise the current Out of Hours highway emergency response contract Total budget £0.3m.
- Audit: by physical site inspections of existing Highway repairs for previous and current contracts including identification of Patches against Highway Inspector defect orders, recording of data, taking photographs and noting any remedial concerns aligned to applications for payment, including retention.
- Audit: contractual and commercial oversight of the existing Winter Services, Statues & Memorials contracts to ensure governance with Council procedures with development where required.
- Support the procurement and commercial legal teams throughout the pre-tender / tender phase of the new Winter Services, Statues & Memorials Contracts including tender preparation, evaluation, analysis and reporting and governance.
- Tender evaluation, analysis and reporting for the new Highway Maintenance Framework.
- Contract management, contractual planning and framework mobilisation including commercial aspects for the Highway Maintenance framework contractors during the contract award and delivery commencing November 2023.
- Oversight responsibility for the Highway Out of Hours contract.
- Undertake accurate measurements and commercial assessment of works for cost planning, estimating and audit purposes.
- Undertake tender preparation, development, and evaluations
- Provide advice where required on contract law and NEC forms of contract and other contract forms of highway industry conditions of contract, method of measurement where required
- Provide contract and commercial management of identified projects in accordance with the Contract Conditions. Prepare internal project SAP Orders and cost reports including cost value reconciliations budgets, forecasts, and payments.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- An experienced Highway Maintenance Manager.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Have detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes and procedures to develop full compliant contract documentation.
- Ability to provide the management including commercial and contractual oversight and responsibility across various areas within network management, consultancy support to the Council Highway Service for the trading year 2023-2024, with an option to extend by 12-months to Spring 2025.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Highway Maintenance Contract Lead
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.