- Pay Rate:
£278.65 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37.50 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- WOOLWICH, London,
Interim Parking Operations Manager - Communities & Environment
Reference no: Greenwich RQ870120
Pay rate: £278.65 per day PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
A Parking Operations Manager is required to act as Senior Responsible Officer for all elements of Parking Services Operations and to deliver an agreed vision for the continuous improvement of the Parking Service.
To deliver achievable annual business plans, strategic direction, the effective management and deployment of staff and other resources and optimising the use of technology to improve customer access and customers’ experience of the service more generally, working in collaboration with partners and other organisations including London Councils, DVLA and Metropolitan Police.
Manage a portfolio of suppliers and sub-contractors ensuring the council receives a high-quality service achieves value for money and operate with agreed budgets and achieve agreed targets, objectives and outcomes deadlines. Accountable for the service and an income budget of £15m and expenditure budget of £5m.
- Deliver all elements of the Parking Operations function and related services in accordance with council policies, practices, legal requirements and industry standards. These services may include, but are not restricted to: managing all elements of the Councils CCTV Enforcement Infrastructure and Operations including asset management, daily operation, review function and owning supplier relationship; managing all elements of the Councils Cashless Parking Infrastructure including asset management, daily operation, review function and owning supplier relationship; managing all elements of the Councils Pay & Display Infrastructure, including asset management, daily operation, review function and owning supplier relationship; managing all elements of the Councils Off-Street Car Park portfolio, including daily operations, repair and renewal, key supplier relationship and internal relationship with Corporate Property.
- Responsible for a team of up to 10 staff. Recruit, train, develop, performance manage staff. Manage staff that are dispersed across different offices and work locations, including staff operating on their own.
- Support the preparation of budgets and manage budgets in accordance with Standing Orders and Financial Regulations. To report projected variances promptly and effectively implement agreed corrective actions.
- Performance manage the service including contracted services to achieve required outputs and outcomes.
- Ensure that vulnerable people are dealt with by the service and contractors in accordance with the policies of the council.
- Set service standards, practices and priorities and provide written procedures for service operations and keep procedures under review.
- Set up and effectively manage Contracts, Service Level Agreements and other undertakings including the preparation and approval of specifications and tender documents for contracts and negotiations on variation orders and specifications with consultants, contractors and supervising officers in accordance with the Standing Orders of the council.
- Represent the Head of Parking Services as directed.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Parking Operations Manager – Communities & Environment
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.