- Pay Rate:
£12.03 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- NORTHAMPTON, Northamptonshire,
Temporary Complaints / Customer Relations Officer
Reference no: NPH RQ841706
Pay rate: £12.03 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2 months
A Complaints/Customer Relations Officer is required to be responsible for dealing with escalated complaint requests where not being able to be dealt with at First Stage. Experience of coordinating and responding to customer complaints and excellent customer service skills will be required for this role. Act as lead technical specialist responsible for ensuring the Complaints and Feedback Policy and processes meet the Housing Ombudsman Complaint Handling Code and the Regulator of Social Housing framework requirements.
- Support the annual review of the Corporate Customer Service Strategy and ensure that all other strategies appropriately consider and reflect the needs of the customer and where appropriate, make recommendations for change in policy to address service delivery failures for customers, identified through the investigation of complaints and lessons learned.
- Lead operational officer responsible for working with EMT, Board members, Directors, managers and team leaders to influence, challenge, promote and support the embedding of a consistent customer service excellence approach and culture across the organisation using best practice research and relevant benchmarking information.
- Support the development and delivery of the organisation wide customer service priorities and liaise with service areas and workstream leads and ensure Customer Service Strategy outcomes are delivered.
- Responsible for the review and amendment of the Complaints and Feedback Policy and processes to ensure they meet all Landlord legislation, Housing Ombudsman Complaint Handling Code and the Regulator of Social Housing framework requirements.
- Lead officer responsible for the preparation and delivery of training and guidance to officers, EMT, and external delivery partners regarding the Complaint Handling Policy and processes. Promoting understanding and knowledge to support the effective management of complaints with a right first-time approach, ensuring the emphasis on ‘doing the right thing’ for customers.
- Responsible for ensuring corporate oversight and monitoring of service area adherence with the corporate complaints policy and procedures, ensuring that responses are customer focused and provided within corporate timescales.
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of robust processes and systems to enable effective organisational oversight, tracking and monitoring of all customer feedback.
- Lead officer responsible for the review, challenge and decision making for all complaint escalation requests at all levels including liaising with service areas, investigation and review of complaint history, initiator of case review meetings on complex and multi service area complaints and tracking of agreed resolution actions to completion and closure.
- Responsible for customer complaint handling satisfaction surveys, analysis and reporting of results and implementation of improvement actions where necessary.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree or equivalent significant relevant experience.
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Extensive experience of working with customers who may have diverse needs and significant vulnerabilities.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of conducting research and writing reports for multiple audiences.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to effectively challenge, persuade, influence and negotiate with others at all levels, internally and externally, to support achievement of corporate customer service priority objectives.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and co-ordinate conflicting workloads and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Approachable, methodical and adaptable – ability to grasp, assimilate and apply large volumes of complex information and concepts quickly.
- Knowledge and experience of carrying out data analysis and problem solving to provide accurate and reliable management information presented in formats suitable for multiple audiences to enable information sharing and robust decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse stakeholders, particularly the ability to work with officers at all levels across the organisation and external partners and stakeholders.
- Maintain and promote the highest standards of data quality ensuring reliable, accurate and timely information is available at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate a ‘can do’ positive attitude, working pro-actively on own initiative with minimal supervision and also be an effective team member and able to work effectively with others.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
NPH RQ841706 Complaints Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.