- Pay Rate:
£14.63 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- TAUNTON, Somerset,
Temporary Case Manager – Housing Options
Reference no: Somerset W RQ841382
Pay rate: £14.63 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2 months
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client
Car driver with full valid license and insurance or ability to travel
A Case Manager is required to be a key member of the Housing Options team, with responsibility for housing options cases from initial advice/triage through to sustainable housing options including the assessment of homeless applications and providing the relevant support and advice as determined within the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
The team is focused on continuing to improve housing services, including reducing the number of households in temporary accommodation, increasing housing options available to residents, reducing rough sleeping, developing an enhanced private sector offer and improving the service delivered to customers.
- Offer advice and assistance to applicants to enable tenants to maintain their accommodation and/or prevent homelessness either in person, on the telephone or in writing.
- Contribute towards the prevention of homelessness by giving appropriate housing advice to applicants, to include the Housing Register, Mutual Exchange, Transfers, Help to Buy, Shared Ownership, Mortgage Debt, Privately Renting, Sheltered and Supported Accommodation options and Discretionary Housing Payments.
- Assist applicants in accessing privately rented accommodation by liaising with private landlords.
- Give appropriate advice to maximise income, including advice around welfare benefits, Housing Benefit and Discretionary Housing Payments, to conduct benefit calculations as appropriate and to give advice on changes being implemented as part of the Welfare Reform.
- Provide wide-ranging housing advice on the law relating to landlord and tenant relationships, prevention of eviction, harassment, anti-social behaviour, disrepair, domestic abuse, grants and proactive housing advice on a range of other issues.
- Provide excellent standards of customer service at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality, particularly when handling sensitive personal information regarding applicants’ details, in accordance with the Council’s confidentiality policy and protocol, always acting within the highest standard of professional practice.
- Investigate medical or social circumstances through liaison with medical professionals, Social Care Service, the Community Mental Health Team and other professionals in health and social work.
- Attend multi-agency case conferences and meetings to represent the Housing Service.
- Conduct home visits and attend professionals’ meetings in order to verify information regarding an applicant’s housing need.
- Support applicants with defending possession proceedings in court and assist with preparation of their file for review by the judge.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- A comprehensive understanding and awareness of housing issues and government policies relating to homelessness, and a sound working knowledge of the HRA 2017, Housing Act 1996 Part VII and Localism Act 2011.
- Experience of housing options cases from initial advice/triage through to sustainable housing options including the assessment of homeless applications and providing the relevant support and advice as determined within the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Proven ability to manage difficult situations whilst remaining calm, friendly, and professional along with experience of working with individuals who are under stress and emotional because they could be living in challenging housing conditions.
- Enthusiastic, dynamic and self-motivated.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Full Driving Licence.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Case Manager – Housing Options
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.