- Pay Rate:
£18.76 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Hackney, London,
Temporary Procurement Support Assistant (Admin & Clerical)
Reference no: Hackney RQ862843
Pay Rate: £18.76 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
A Procurement Support Assistant is needed to provide administrative and project support to assist the smooth running of the procurement function by providing a dedicated resource to the client’s central procurement team known internally as the Procurement Hub.
The role will provide support for all work programmes undertaken by the Procurement Hub.
- Provide project support to the central and wider procurement teams.
- Assist the development of consistent procurement processes and procedures.
- Assist with the monitoring of the commercial benefits such as social value, sustainability outcomes and other key performance targets.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate a wide range of procurement processes.
- Undertake market research and benchmarking through desktop activities and stakeholder engagement to assist and inform the wider procurement team in their sourcing process in line with the most appropriate policies on corporate and social responsibilities.
- Providing timely returns and accurate research, benchmarking and other statistical data as required vital.
- Co-ordinate, collate, analyse, and process and produce accurate reports detailing the client’s contracting activities and expenditure.
- Provision of comprehensive administrative support for the effective operation of the e-procurement systems and processes.
- E-tendering, e-contract management, e-catalogues and purchasing (CedAr), e-invoicing and self-billing.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience working in a procurement/financial or commissioning environment.
- Has previously built and maintained productive relationships, including those with key stakeholders and external organisations.
- Experience of working in in a structured or project-based environment; Worked independently or with others to deliver discreet projects.
- Experience producing written and verbal summaries, including reports that have a strong and compelling narrative.
- Has worked in an area that required a degree of financial literacy, numeracy, or analysis.
- Experience of supporting the operation of e-procurement systems and processes.
- Experience and good knowledge of producing reports using databases and spreadsheets.
- Experience of maintaining databases and ensuring security of data.
- Demonstrable experience of ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
- Experience of providing project management support and the production of project documentation.
- Experience of using IT based systems to support decision-making.
- Has a knowledge of the procurement process and the key aspects that are required.
- Knowledge of the principles of public sector procurement procedure and an awareness of contract law, risk management and contract management.
- Knowledge of the entire contract cycle from developing options through to tendering, awarding, and managing the contracts
- Understanding the potential of financial information systems and associated report writer tools.
- Strong understanding of Google sheets/Excel pivots, V-lookups, and formulas.
- An ability to add value for the customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including report writing.
- Comfortable working with computer applications, including the Google suite and MS Office.
- Good communication and able to communicate in a clear, confident, and authoritative manner, at all levels.
- Ability to manipulate, interpret and report on complex statistical and financial data.
- Good organisational and planning skills and able to prioritise to achieve both individual and departmental objectives.
- Ability to deliver services that take account of the needs of diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to establish and facilitate cross organisational working that shapes and influences the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
- Ability to work with other Public Sector organisations to develop and promote collaborative arrangements.
- Attention to details and high level of numeracy & I.T. skills i.e., proficiency in using Microsoft/G-suite packages for reporting.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Procurement Support Assistant (Admin & Clerical)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.