- Pay Rate:
£18.81 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Durham, County Durham,
Temporary Lawyer - Property & Housing
Reference no: Durham 1003897214603069
Pay rate: £18.81 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: Durham, County Durham
A Property & Housing Lawyer is required to support and assist the Senior Lawyer and be responsible for conducting matters in the following areas: commercial property matters; residential property matters; landlord and tenant matters; housing matters and such other matters and work types as may from time to time be required.
- Draft legal documentation, appropriate with the nature and grading of the post.
- Undertake all work assigned in a competent and professional manner.
- Carry out investigations under the Members Code of Conduct.
- Attendance at and presentation of reports to formal and informal meetings including: Cabinet, Committees, Sub-Committees, Member and Officer working groups and outside bodies as appropriate.
- Provide cover and support for other team members, as required by the Senior Lawyer.
- Undertake legal research as and when required.
- Undertake such personal training as may be deemed necessary to meet the duties and responsibilities of the post, and to assist in the training and development of other staff.
- Provide basic front-line supervision of, and internal advice and guidance, to junior staff within the team.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or CILEx Conveyancing Practitioner with current practising certificate (will consider those about to qualify having completed all academic stages).
Experience & Knowledge:
- Substantial experience in relevant areas.
- Experience of working in Local Government desirable.
- Experience of the supervision of junior staff desirable.
- Experience of using electronic case management systems.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and case law and good practice.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to advise in new areas of law.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- Capacity to handle a heavy workload and work effectively under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work demands.
- High quality inter-personal and team skills.
- Enthusiasm, determination and the drive to achieve results.
- Flexibility as may be required to work outside of normal office hours on occasions.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Lawyer - Property & Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.