- Pay Rate:
£32.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- WEMBLEY, London,
Interim Operations Manager - Hard FM
Reference no: Brent 5225128
Pay rate: £32.18 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
To support the Head of Facilities Management in securing the continuous development, improvement, efficiency and success of the FM hard service function as a whole, including asset management planning, procurement and tendering, project financial control and reporting, contract performance management, environmental management and strategic FM delivery management.
Responsible for the overall delivery of Hard FM Service function operations including the direct management of the Hard FM outsourced service provider delivering all planned, reactive and lifecycle maintenance and specialist services at the Civic Centre and the wider Council operational estate buildings including direct and outsourced sub-contractors.
- Build long term and sustainable customer relationships, with internal and external stakeholders/ partners, whilst maintaining the highest standards of presentation, personal integrity and customer support.
- Implementation of operational plans within the service areas to fit with broader functional and Council strategy and contribution to the development of the Council’s Facilities Management strategies and policies to ensure an excellent, consistent and customer driven service is delivered across the Council’s operational portfolio.
- Support the development and implementation of an effective asset maintenance and lifecycle programme to ensure the Council assets (including the Civic Centre) maintain the highest of standards across the workplace environment for all facilities.
- Full project management of building lifecycle works, ensuring compliance within the contract and governance arrangements.
- Ensure full understanding of any changes and development in legislation and working practices that may affect the council’s operations.
- Evaluate current working practices and recommend improvements in line with service delivery requirements and resources.
- Manage the buildings within the FM portfolio to ensure that compliance (including statutory), PPM and reactive works are completed within the required SLA’s.
- Manage the delivery of the works onsite, organising labour and materials and carrying out onsite management.
- Deliver an effective KPI audit regime.
- Provide technical and practical support to engineers and internal colleagues/ stakeholders.
- Prepare reports for the Head of Facilities Management as requested, to include technical options / solutions with budget costs.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree level qualification in a FM or engineering related disciple (or equivalent at a minimum of NVQ Level 6).
- A technical mechanical, electrical or HVAC related qualification.
- Minimum Higher National Diploma (HND) in Mechanical Engineering or demonstrable extensive trade experience.
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent.
- Membership of a relevant professional body, e.g. IWFM.
- Formal FM or technical building services qualification (or working towards) desirable.
- Significant experience in an engineering facilities role within multi building services.
- Previous appointment as Authorised Person for one or more of the following disciplines: LV, Mechanical Services, Confined Spaces, Boiler and Pressure Systems.
- Experience in the management and delivery of Facilities Management services (specifically Hard FM and maintenance services) to time, cost and quality.
- Ability to manage customer and contractor relations and forge strong networks and alliances with internal teams, contractors and suppliers.
- Experience of successfully managing projects and awareness of the importance of managing issues and risks.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in all situations (including emergency situations) and to formulate effective and appropriate responses on the basis of sound technical knowledge.
- Experience of budget management and analysis at a senior level.
- Experience of developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Experience in setting up and managing shift pattern / rota scheduling for services delivery.
- Experience in managing supply chains and suppliers across multiple services.
- Sound detailed knowledge of FM hard service delivery methods.
- Good knowledge of quality assurance systems.
- Knowledge of modern facilities management methods and delivery systems and how to apply them.
- Knowledge of performance management models and how they can be applied to supplier management.
- A sound knowledge of best practice in performance management and the ability to develop a performance management culture within a facilities management environment.
- Good working knowledge of health and safety and ability to interpret policy and legislation and implement best practice across all service line working practices and contractor management.
- Knowledge and understanding of budget setting, control and monitoring.
- Knowledge of energy management, control and monitoring.
- Good understanding of HR processes and procedures.
- Able to manage and lead people and service teams, performance and budgets.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to monitor budgets and interpret financial information.
- Ability to utilise IT for data gathering and performance monitoring analysis.
- A strong role model who demonstrates a personal commitment to high standards of public service, honesty, integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent leadership, influencing and management skills.
- Good person-management skills that inspire respect and confidence.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to empathise, maintain professionalism, display patience and politeness within an often pressurised environment.
- Able to work well both independently or part of a larger team. Flexible/supportive team player with hands on approach.
- Totally committed to continuous improvement and to achieving high client satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with experience of liaising with customers and colleagues on all levels.
- A conscientious, flexible and ‘can do’ working style.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Operations Manager - Hard FM
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.