- Pay Rate:
£26.58 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WEMBLEY, London,
Interim Contract Delivery Manager – Major Refurbishments
Reference no: Brent 5224984
Pay rate: £26.58 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
The Contract Delivery Manager - Major Refurbishments will support in delivering the ambitious Tower Block Refurbishment Programme and planned maintenance works, which will increase the useful life of blocks and bring the blocks up to the highest standards of safety. This role will help shape the future of high and medium rise blocks providing residents with safe, well insulated, energy efficient homes.
- Contract manage refurbishment and planned works that achieves agreed outcomes for the Council, customers and stakeholders and that meet the Council’s objectives and affordability targets by improving value for money.
- Accountable for appropriate project outcomes with regard to feasibility studies, brief development, design, procurement, delivery, finance and budgeting, cost control and quality of work on the full range of construction and maintenance services and the provision of advice and contract management from feasibility study to final account of major works projects.
- Provide up-to-date building surveying and technical advice and guidance to the Major Works & Refurbishment Team, the Compliance Team, other sections of the council, members and customers to ensure decisions and recommendations are appropriate and well informed.
- Contract manage contractors, consultants and other agencies in line with the relevant form of contract or contract terms and conditions.
- Prepare, lead and direct contractors on the management and delivery of responsive repairs and maintenance, servicing, planned maintenance and refurbishment works, services and programmes, to achieve the statutory compliance objectives, and programme delivery, customer service and budget management objectives.
- Be a cohesive part of an intelligent client and integrate contract management within the commissioning process and ensure clarity of roles and accountabilities. Provide specialist commercial expertise, construction and maintenance knowledge to extend the benefits from collaborative procurement to the management of contracts.
- Ensure statutory approvals are in place for commissioned works, including planning submissions and facilitating discussions with the borough’s Planning and Building Control department.
- Ensure the provision of cross cutting commissioning and commercial expertise to support each stage of the commissioning cycle. Realise the benefits from greater cross-council collaboration as well as effective partnership and supplier relationship management.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to ONC level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Membership of CIOB or equivalent relevant experience.
- PRINCE2 or equivalent project management qualification/training or demonstrable experience.
- A strong commitment to personal development and continuous improvement.
- Proven experience of working in the capacity of a building surveyor in the Housing/ Property Sector.
- Experience of managing multiple refurbishments contracts and programmes.
- Experience of undertaking feasibility studies, consultant briefs, client briefs, design and procurement of major works projects.
- Experience of consulting and communicating with clients and customers to provide advice on range of building related matters.
- Experience of providing effective commercial, financial, risk management, and contractual advice.
- Experience in monitoring risks relating to contracting and commercial development activities and developing mitigation and contingency management plans. Experience of coordinating health and safety on projects.
- Experience of undertaking site surveys, work inspections and work valuations.
- Demonstrable experience of providing detailed analysis and report writing. Experience of leading negotiations to achieve mutually agreed outcomes. Strong budget and financial management experience.
- Proven track record of excellent cost control, including effective supplier management. Experience of developing performance and monitoring systems for budgeting, forecasting, variance reporting, volume performance and KPIs.
- Comprehensive M and E knowledge.
- A working knowledge of building construction, building maintenance techniques and building contract law and administration.
- Able to diagnose building defects and specify suitable remedial measures and provide sound advice and guidance on complex technical information.
- Knowledge of health and safety and relevant statutory legislation and its application to construction through the CDM regulations.
- Knowledge of completing risk assessments and asbestos awareness.
- A good knowledge of building techniques used in domestic buildings.
- A good understanding of domestic building trades, including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, heating and wet trades.
- Able to act as an “intelligent” client by ensuring that the supply chain and contracts are managed with regard to the strategic needs and desired outcomes of the organisation.
- Able to work in a customer focused environment with excellent customer care skills and passionate about service excellence.
- Good understanding of key issues affecting the provision and maintenance of social housing assets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess and evaluate a range of options and able to think strategically and contribute to the overall success of the business. Able to manage budgets.
- Personally effective with excellent organisational skills and ability to plan and co-ordinate own workload, prioritise tasks and be self motivating with the ability to work on own initiative, or within a team.
- Outstanding people management and leadership skills with the ability to secure results through staff by providing direction and support.
- Ability to be solution-focus, taking responsibility and taking action to promote great customer service, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Contract Delivery Manager - Major Refurbishments
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.