- Pay Rate:
Up to £495 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Content Designer -Hybrid Working - PSR 1JP00043851
Pay Rate: Up to £495 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
This role will require a minimum of 2 days in the office per week, (may be flexible).
- To work on a full digital service.
- To design and iterate content for both citizen and internal audiences while working within an agile delivery team.
- To own the content and its quality throughout a user’s journey, and be comfortable using evidence, data and research to back up your decisions.
- To understand user needs and user centred design principles. You will have experience of working alongside user researchers, interaction designers, service designers, product owners and developers.
- To joining an established content team and be expected to participate in organisational wide community activities.
- Creating content to help digital services meet user needs and business objectives, and create a clear, joined-up customer journey
- Monitoring and improving content based on user feedback, research and data
- Working effectively with subject matter experts, stakeholders and partners to deliver clear, relevant content
- Ensuring all content assets are user-focused, accurate, optimised appropriately (e.g. for search), and meet relevant design, style and brand guidelines
- Working with colleagues to understand user behaviours and data patterns to improve how services perform
- Ensuring appropriate policy and legal fact checking of content and timely production and publishing
- Ability to support the content team with peer reviews, content audits and benchmarking
- Good knowledge of clear English and company tone of voice guidelines
- Established track record of developing content to meet user needs for digital services
- Understanding of design patterns and user-centred design principles
- Experienced at working collaboratively within agile delivery teams
- Adept at providing simple, clear content to communicate complex issues
- Confident communicator, able to persuade, negotiate, influence, network and work with stakeholders
- Experience scoping, commissioning and editing content
- Good presentation skills
- Experience designing and developing workable content prototypes
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.