- Pay Rate:
Up to £450 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Commercial Manager Remote Working - PSR 1JP00043381
Pay Rate: Up to £450 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
This role is currently remote working.
- Leading the commercial workstream including liaising with stakeholders internal and external
- Managing communication or escalation of issues from the Project to line management or vice versa.
- Review and assurance of the specification ensuring it is fit for purpose both for procurement and in contract management. This will include writing commercial requirements and amendments to other requirements to ensure contractual consistency and clarity
- Assurance and stress testing of an evaluation methodology and criteria which will drive quality, innovation and value in Supplier bids. The evaluation criteria must guarantee that the Supplier solution selected at the end of the procurement process is capable of meeting requirements (e.g. physical testing of goods).
- Assurance and stress testing of the Financial (Pricing) Model ensuring transparency and consistency in Supplier bid pricing including the consideration of risk and assumptions
- Assurance and stress testing of project specific Terms and Conditions (main terms, schedules) to support successful delivery and management of the solution and supplier in the future
- Assurance and stress testing of procurement documents and providing assurance on any business owned procurement documents (e.g. invitation to tender pack)
- Ensure procurement materials are compliant with Policies and strategies (e.g. Procurement Policy Notes, Category Strategies)
- Lead on e-procurement system configuration (Jaggaer system) with support as required
- Coaching and organisation of the evaluation panel (including technical, operational and financial expertise)
- Management of the procurement process including clarifications from Suppliers and responses
- Management of evaluation process including; due diligence on submissions, communication of relevant bidder information to evaluators, collation of evaluator clarifications, moderation of scoring, uploading to e-procurement system
- Lead on commercial (pricing) evaluation including clarification and moderation
- Completion of procurement and development of Award Report for submission in line with governance
- Lead on commercial activities in the preparation of the contract including signature, mobilisation and implementation.
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Manager and leading on activities associated with the Project but which also support the development of category management procedures, tools and ways of working
- Ensuring compliance with governance, legislative and policy requirements as appropriate
- Experience creating and delivering sourcing exercises end to end (from identification of business need through to award and mobilisation)
- Experience of developing and managing procurement materials approvals (e.g. procurement strategies, specifications, evaluation criteria, terms and conditions)
- Experience in procuring goods
- Experience in procuring software and cloud-based technology
- Public sector procurement including open procedure experience
- Working knowledge of Procurement Systems - Jaggaer
- Ability to successfully coach and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to drive improved outcomes by influencing and developing the market
- Ability to use own judgement to take a considered approach to situations and tasks
- Experience of seeking out and analysing information based on the best available evidence
- Excellent communication skills; a team player who leads by example
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.