- Pay Rate:
Up to £500 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
- Milton Keynes
Interim Senior Project Manager -Remote Working - PSR 1JP00042044
Pay Rate: Up to £500 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Working from home/Milton Keynes. Entire team working from home for the foreseeable future.
- Working on multiple portfolio of projects for assets, engineering, planning and maintenance. Geospatial data
- Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of a single major project or a number of smaller initiatives and actively participating in all phases of the project.
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Effectively estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference.
- Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan; providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Monitors and forecasts costs, timescales and resources used and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensures that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
- Manages the change control procedure and ensures that change is captured, that impact is assessed and approved and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets and are signed off.
- Gains agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors
- Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience
- Geospatial data experience
- Previous experience of IT project/software development
- A background in Infrastructure project management
- Experience of working with suppliers
- Ellipse and rail experience – useful
- IT system delivery lifecycle experience
- Stakeholder management skills
- APMP or Prince ideally
- Previous experience of working on multiple portfolio of projects for assets, engineering, planning and maintenance.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.